Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No more Cat D or Cat C cars

wasz

At last there is a new salvage code.
http://www.iaea-online.org/news/2017/06/new-salvage-code-released.aspx

Previously Cat C or D was based on the cost of the claim, not the amount or type of damage that occurred. Cat C claim exceeded the value of the car, cat D claim did not exceed value but insurer decided not to repair (hire car costs etc push up cost).

From October we have new categories, S for repairable cars that got structural damage, and N for repairable cars with non structural damage. No mention of the cost of repair, which is pretty irrelevant.

So when you go see that repaired GT3 and the seller says "it was just a dented wing", you can be sure there wasn't much more serious damage.

Now they need add this as a 'filter' on Autotrader etc, so that you get remove these cars from your search

Does that mean that any current time cars with Cat C/D notations will be switched over to the new system, or will they run both systems in parallel?

Bit of a hard shock for those who are driving around in more than just a dented door and wing repair.

Try selling a car online if it falls into a filter category that can be selected out of a search engine on PH or AT.

Bad news for sellers, good news for bargain hunters :?:

Hmm very interesting :?: Although regarding a rear wheel arch as structural seems a little harsh :dont know:
The rest is pretty good but I didnt see any mention of VIC checks :?:

paul987 said:
Hmm very interesting :?: Although regarding a rear wheel arch as structural seems a little harsh :dont know:
The rest is pretty good but I didnt see any mention of VIC checks :?:

Well I learnt something new today.... The Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) scheme closed on 26 October 2015.
:lol: I really haven't kept up since I finished my Boxster :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back