Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential new purchase. Your thoughts on the colour.

PanozGTR

I,m new to the forum so first of all hello. I,m going to look at a 997 gen 2 c2s this coming weekend. Its a colour that l have not seen in the flesh before and was wondering what your thought's are. It is Macademia metallic.

Hi Panoz,

Welcome to the forum! Good to hear you have finally got a 911, it's along time since the 1960's.

That colour is better in the flesh than on pictures. I'm sure there will be lots of people expressing their view against that colour choice. The main thing is that you like it. Is the interior a light colour? That can work very well. Enjoy!

Cheers, Keith.

In sunnier climates it really is a great colour. Not so sure it works here.

Macadamia looks awesome and is pretty rare. For me, depends what colour the interior is. If is sand then it can be a bit much, but seen a mix of sand and black which is pretty good.

I couldn't live with that colour, but if you can that's all that matters.

There must be quite a small pool of buyers for a car in that colour which might potentially mean it could be a bit of a bargain. If it was discounted enough to be cheap even after the cost of wrapping it I'd give it a look.

Unless you're looking for a keeper I would bear in mind that it might be a tough resale proposition when you do want to change.

Thanks for the replies chaps. It's a colour that you either love or hate. Saying that, l like the colour but dont hate it and think l could live with it. The interior is a very dark Cocoa which l like very much. I am drawn to it for several reason's. Firstly it's different from the blacks and silvers that cover the majority of 911's. To a lesser extent there are blue's and red's and l like all of these colours as well. Secondly it does seem that this 911 is priced well presumably due to the colour. I will be viewing the car this coming weekend so l'll keep you posted on my decision.

Don't overlook the option to trouser the discount for the colour and wrap it for £2k and it becomes a completely different car. See my mine before and after. Substitute your choice of colour for yellow.

Attachments

• after_568.jpg
    after_568.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 6,496
  • before_602.jpg
    before_602.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 6,496
Well wrapping is certainly an option! Your car looks stunning in yellow. I think I,ve only seen 1 yellow Carrera S for sale in the past 6 months. Quite rare!

PanozGTR said:
Well wrapping is certainly an option! Your car looks stunning in yellow. I think I,ve only seen 1 yellow Carrera S for sale in the past 6 months. Quite rare!

Thank you, I really think it is a way to break the frustration of trying to find a car with the right colour, spec and condition, which frankly can take forever if you want a brighter colour. Wrapping was nowhere on my radar, but I've gone from thinking of selling to bonding with the vehicle, so worked for me. Just imagine the OPs brown car transformed to Riviera Blue :)

It is a bit marmite in principle, but if I am honest it is better in the metal than in pictures. I am not a huge fan and they are very rare in the UK, but it is a colour that seems to be much more popular on the continent (in particular the Germans seem to have had a bit of a thing for brown metallics in recent years) and it doesn't have the "run to the hills" stigma of something like Ocean Jade or that pale pastil yellow that they offered in the late 90s. [Every colour has its fans, but some are certainly more niche than others].

Certainly not in itself not a reason to disregard a car if it ticks the other boxes that you are looking for. :thumb:

Yes l agree with you Disco. Colour aside it ticks all the right boxes for me. Which is why I'm giving it serious consideration. I will be viewing it on Saturday and if it floats my boat l will arrange a PPI. Happy days!

PanozGTR said:
Thanks for the replies chaps. It's a colour that you either love or hate. Saying that, l like the colour but dont hate it and think l could live with it. The interior is a very dark Cocoa which l like very much. I am drawn to it for several reason's. Firstly it's different from the blacks and silvers that cover the majority of 911's. To a lesser extent there are blue's and red's and l like all of these colours as well. Secondly it does seem that this 911 is priced well presumably due to the colour. I will be viewing the car this coming weekend so l'll keep you posted on my decision.

I think it looks quite nice in the photos. :thumbs:

Wonder if gold wheels would help? :?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back