Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold ** SOLD ** E46 M3 Coupe: £1000s spent.

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik

Selling my E46 M3 which I've owned for just over a year. Was a bit of an implulse purchase as it was such a lovely example but hard to justify keeping as I already have another manual version of the same model. This car is well-known on the m3cutters forum, and a testament to the previous owner's attention to detail and incredible care about servicing/maintenance, etc.

Link to thread about the car:
http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=81027

Original for-sale advert (from when I bought the car):
http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=153029

The car is a Dec-20003/53 model with c.86.3k miles, drives beautifully, and has an extensive history/maintenance file.

Since i bought it, the following bits have changed:
- I have installed an evolve eventuri carbon intake
- the car has just had an interim oil service (not due, but i wanted to keep up the extra servicing that the previous owner had carried out)
- the Eisenmann exhaust has been swapped for an OEM standard exhaust muffler (the eisenmann droned at cruising speed)
- Euro style tips
- Kenwood KFC-WDA69RC installed (doesn't quite work properly, needs to be resolved)
- the storm motorworks paddles have been changed back to OEM
- the BM54 has had the "stage 2" upgrade by a well-known person on the cutters forum)
- upgraded digital tv tuner installed (don't ask why - never use it, but was done at the same time as the BM54)
- Will also come with the Alpine KCA-420i and Intravee which needs to be installed.
- All the bits i had from the previous owner will also be supplied with the car.

SOLD - thanks for the interest!

As I type I see 183 views on this thread. I devoured the motoring press 15 years ago and remember SMG M3's, including the CSL getting pilloried for a gearbox which allegedly marred the driving experience. I vaguely accepted this as did I'm sure many others.

I drove the car that is subject of this thread a few weeks ago back to back with a low miles PDk 997. This M3 feels faster. I don't know whether it actually is. But it feels quicker. The ride is beautifully resolved and the gear change, whilst not PDK slick, adds to the experience. You can't change smoothly up the box while keeping the throttle pinned. However, if you lift appropriately the changes are smoothed considerably making for an engaging drive. Read the thread Nik's ad links to. Some proper effort was put into making this car into what it is.

If you want an engaging, fast sorted saloon then you should consider this.

They are great, I suspect many viewers on here either have one or have owned one. If not then they should do.

MC

Apologies for the delay in posting pics.

Attachments

• fullsizerender_798.jpg
    fullsizerender_798.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 136
  • fullsizerender_487.jpg
    fullsizerender_487.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 136
  • fullsizerender_139.jpg
    fullsizerender_139.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 136
  • fullsizerender_186.jpg
    fullsizerender_186.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 136
@highway: thanks for the comments, appreciate the bump.

Honestly think this is a special example and testament to the previous owner who had the suspension fettled by none other than Centre Gravity until it was just right. Many of the folks on this forum will no doubt know CG's reputation and I think the thread about the car speaks for itself.

For anyone who is looking but doesn't like the look of the angel eye headlights, I have a set of OE unmodified headlight units that can be swapped out.

The E46 M3 was the only other car on my shortlist when I bought my first 911, a 996C4.

After 4.5 years in an E46 328Ci (which I loved) it was a difficult decision but I'd longed to get back into a Porsche for over 20 years so made the change.

I never regretted my choice but have often wondered 'what if?'

My 3.5 years in the C4 meant I was hooked on 911s and now 8 years since my original choice I've never seriously considered getting one. That said, after some serious pax laps of The Ring with Senoj I can still see the attraction.

Great cars and, at £13.5k, serious value for money.

GLWTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back