Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Baby Seat

timupton

Hi guys,

I have a 2004 996 C4S coupe and an 11 month old daughter, we are going up to Scotland to do the North Coast 500 but I am having trouble finding a a forward facing baby seat that fits.
Any help would be appreciated as my wife has already booked most of the accommodation and we leave on Wednesday!
I was told a Britax Roma Eclipse would fit but it still moved around a lot with or without the lower seat in place.

Any recommendations around the North Coast 500 to stop would also be welcomed if anyone else has done it.

Thanks

I have the Britax Romer EVOLVA 1-2-3 Child Car Seat in my C4S... but my little ones a fair bit older now.
One of the maxi cosi ones fits too but I can't remember which model..

The way to get them to stop moving is kneel on them with your full body weight to get the seat really compressed, then lock the seat belt.. when you get off the seat shouldn't budge a cm. :thumb:

Try mothercare and the maxi-cosi pebble.

They should let you trial fit in the car park.

Also try removing seat pad from the car, and putting a small towel under the baby seat. You can fold edges etc to get secure fit. (Also towel can protect your interior from projectile fluids!)

And make sure whilst on the west coast to visit applecross/gairloch take the road called Biallach na ba. Loch fyne also nice.

James

I've got the maxi cosi Tobi in mine and it works well, just need to remember to put a flannel between the seat and the roof or it rubs.

I have the Evolva 1-2-3 as well, my boy is 2. It fits in the car well, the only issue I seem to have is the angle of the seat back on the car is a bit too upright meaning if he falls asleep it's really easy for his head to fall forward.

The only downside to forward facing is there's still not Alot of legroom if behind the driver.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back