Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can we have the Michelein Guy back on for 2017??

v8fettler

Can we get the Michelin Guy back on for 2017? I've a few questions!!!

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=106369

I shall pass your question "upstairs ", but in the meantime I have copied the link to the previous Q&A session that appeared on 911uk. There maybe some helpful information for you there.

Hi, yeah, I've scanned through them and cant see anything relating to my query.

I've just bought a Used 997.2 Turbo, <10,000 miles. It still has the original front tyre's by the looks of it.

They've cracked from the outside edge, across the tyre, in between the tread blocks, right up to the first radial channel.

I've asked the dealer to look at them and change them, but they say they're OK. As an engineer, knowing what stress these will get, old cracked rubber doesn't fill me with confidence, surely they cant be safe?

Anyone got anything (links etc) to good advice on what is/isn't dangerous?

I was hoping Mr Michelin could advise.

v8fettler said:
Hi, yeah, I've scanned through them and cant see anything relating to my query.

I've just bought a Used 997.2 Turbo, <10,000 miles. It still has the original front tyre's by the looks of it.

They've cracked from the outside edge, across the tyre, in between the tread blocks, right up to the first radial channel.

I've asked the dealer to look at them and change them, but they say they're OK. As an engineer, knowing what stress these will get, old cracked rubber doesn't fill me with confidence, surely they cant be safe?

Anyone got anything (links etc) to good advice on what is/isn't dangerous?

I was hoping Mr Michelin could advise.

If buying from an OPC their policy on approved used cars is that tyres should be no older than six years.

In that condition plus I'm guessing they are more than five years old I would replace them straightaway.
Is it worth the risk?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back