Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What coolant?

silvermilnec

Albert Park
I had to do a top up 1ltr of water without any coolant.

What coolant are people using? 997 turbo

Cheers, I know it might be a stupid question but it's early 🤓🤓

Comma G40

http://www.commaoil.com/products

(Put your vehicle reg in link above)

Product Code:

XSG405L

Ethylene glycol based antifreeze with Si-OAT (Silicated Organic Additive Technology) inhibitors. Protects against corrosion, overheating and freezing. Typical service life of up to 5 years. Safeguarded with bittering agent to help prevent accidental ingestion.

Service Classification: This Engine Coolant Concentrate conforms to the requirements of: BS 6580:2010

Official approvals:
Glysantin® G40® by BASF is approved by: VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda/Bentley/Bugatti/Lamborghini (TL774-G) from 2005 onwards & Porsche 911, Boxster, Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera from 1997 onwards; MB-Approval 325.6; MAN from 12/2011 (MAN 324 Typ Si-OAT); MB-Approval 325.5 - Trucks built from 10/2011

Do you dilute it or use it neat?

maldren said:
Do you dilute it or use it neat?

Halfords sell premixed Comma G40. Think it costs somewhere around £16 / 2L

If you need to top up, I would just buy ready mixed (XSG40M5L) 5L from Halfords/eBay (the 2L bottle Halfords sell is concentrate, and works out expensive)

If you are changing a lot, I would buy concentrate (XSG405L) 5L from eBay (be careful as some will advertise concentrate, and send you ready mixed! - I used seller: rrd-automotive in the end and eventually got what I paid for) and iodised water 5L from Halfords and mix it yourself - you need to mix 50/50.

(Having to top up 1L is likely a sign of a leak somewhere - I know from experience, it took a small leak over 3 years to work out in the end the coolant tank was leaking)

Poker2009 said:
If you need to top up, I would just buy ready mixed (XSG40M5L) 5L from Halfords/eBay (the 2L bottle Halfords sell is concentrate, and works out expensive)

If you are changing a lot, I would buy concentrate (XSG405L) 5L from eBay (be careful as some will advertise concentrate, and send you ready mixed! - I used seller: rrd-automotive in the end and eventually got what I paid for) and iodised water 5L from Halfords and mix it yourself - you need to mix 50/50.

(Having to top up 1L is likely a sign of a leak somewhere - I know from experience, it took a small leak over 3 years to work out in the end the coolant tank was leaking)

Cheers for that!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back