Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help!!!!

rstaichi

Hi .Went to take the car out today started her up and i have a knocking sound from the fan area? I also noticed that something was rubbing on the fan belt lower down which was slowly wearing away as its made from plastic, i'll try and upload a pic. :?:

Attachments

• 20170701_172515_105.jpg
    20170701_172515_105.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 2,134
Thanks for the good info :thumb: would this account for the knocking sound in the fan area? I was hoping to get to Chatsworth house tomor for the meet up but no chance now :nooo:

Well its there to tell you if the fan belt breaks .. obviously if that happens then you will get over heating but your belt hasn't broken , only the sensor that warns you has .

Best guess is its the noise but really you need to remove the sensor and see if the noise goes as it may be unrelated.

Hard to comment on the noise as i cant hear it :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back