Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centrelock wheel nut

edge

Can anyone tell me the reason for backing off the centrelock nut by 1/6th of a turn once you reach the correct torque , then you re-tighten again . Torque loosen the torque again seems strange when you think how tight the nut has to be torqued up.

I cannot think of an engineering reason possibly a double check, after all it will keep the wheel where it should be. :?:

I torque the nut up to 600nm as per the latest Porsche instructions , mark the wheel where the iine on the nut is and back it off to the second line then re- tighten . The torque wrench clicks bang on the first mark I made so it seems to be a waste of time and a pain when you use a torque multiplier like I do.
I will follow the Porsche instruction but would like to understand why.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back