Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What to have after a 997 Turbo. Its harder than you think !!

911TEL said:
Lordglenmorangie said:
I have a different dilemma. As a grey haired seventy old ***** I really can't afford to keep my Turbo which I have had going on ten years. Thoughts of selling and putting some cash into the bank ( we need food ) keep crossing my mind. A GTI Golf or such like but opening my garage in the morning to a ***** Golf would crush my appetite to live

Lord GM,

........love the wheels BBS on a Turbo is hard to beat for upgrade to the looks over the standard wheels !

Are those wheels not HRE's?? :?:

Wow, that took some reading....

If I can hark waaaay back to the OP and some of the valuable comments I think it's just a change that's required. I personally would never lust after a 911, any 911...although my Scottish brothers yellow one is bloody lovely. I make the Scottish connection so he offers it to me first when he does decide squeezing the zimmer frame in is too difficult.

All 911's are awesome, and Turbo or GT variants are the pinnacle, but they cannot generate the same fizz factor as Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren....maybe Astons too. Some will clearly disagree but deep down most MUST agree.

As others have said, out right performance has little to do with it as none of us drive our 911's near what they can do. It's about what makes you open the garage door just to take a peak...maybe even just sit in it during the winter. A good exhaust note is obviously desirable to round off that special feeling but equally some degree of exclusivity is also helpful. 911's are so great it's difficult not to see a handful every time you leave the garage.

For me, the aforementioned obvious brands and even the R8 edge out most 911 variants.

What a wonderful decision you have in front of you, good luck.

:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back