Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 M56 smash yesterday...

Any bikers will tell you after hot dry spells the first heavy rain on the road seems to sit on top meaning zero traction

indeed !
how did you track the history ?

HSC911 said:
Interesting...
investigator.gif

KX55 CEF turned into D19 ROY.

Which then turned into GT03 WOW.

Which is taxed and MOT'd and on a red Porsche again...

microwave.gif

I hope the Silver MK1 in the picture is not my old one - :nooo:

I remember coming through Brussels and the rain just suddenly started and the back end must of moved about 5 cm, but to me it felt like 5ft. Scared the life out of me. I remember pulling over at the next services for about 30 mins.

Pleased the owner is ok, real shame about the car.

Daniel said:
I hope the Silver MK1 in the picture is not my old one - :nooo:

Don't worry, it's not your old one Daniel. The owner was paid out & in another 996.1 CS within a few weeks. He's retained the salvage on the old girl but in truth it's not much more than the engine, box & interior. The story ended as well as it could in the circumstances :)

Don't worry, it's not your old one Daniel. The owner was paid out & in another 996.1 CS within a few weeks. He's retained the salvage on the old girl but in truth it's not much more than the engine, box & interior. The story ended as well as it could in the circumstances :)

That's good to hear Nick, what colour is the new beast? Pretty quick resolution and payout :thumb:

Zanzibar. Right up your alley, Mike. On throttle bodies with a Motec M600 ECU. Intake noise is mental as it revs to 9200 :mrgreen:

Sounds perfect, Nick!! Happy days, where on earth did he find that so quickly? Open throttle bodies will probably give a 'steppy' power curve, but who cares when they sound that good :grin:

Top work by the owner, he is certainly well connected.... :thumbs:

He did say it gets to 5K and a fraction of a second later it's on the limiter in the lower gears; a real rev monster!

It's a UK car, actually been for sale under the radar for over a year. He called me about it when the money hit his account & we agreed he should at least go see it. Bought it after a test drive. HUGE bills for the build & the previous owner & engine builder are well known as good guys who know their stuff.

That's just cheating.

Will need to add serious lead ballast to that car to make things fair.

LaSource said:
That's just cheating.

You could lead ballast the car all you want, he'd still be faster... :mrgreen:
If you want to to slow him down, you'd need to lead ballast his shoes and take him for a swim in a very deep river .... :D

Slippydiff said:
LaSource said:
That's just cheating.

You could lead ballast the car all you want, he'd still be faster... :mrgreen:
If you want to to slow him down, you'd need to lead ballast his shoes and take him for a swim in a very deep river .... :D

I guess so. Where's the queue? ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back