Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best mobile phone apps worth having - please share yours.

WhatsApp =for chatting /sending stupid inappropriate pics and vids

Show box =for films /tv series

Mobdro = for sport streaming etc

Ring = my smart door bell app

Android pay = when I don't want to carry my wallet

And think after reading this I'll give that glimpse a go so I'm not getting the "how long you gonna be?" Calls

I have to say that I do like Deezer - there was a three year subscription bundled with the Mrs' car, but we can also it on any other device. So I use it frequently on the iphone.

RingGo to pay for car parking

Kindle - read your books

WolframAlpha - great if you can't remember some bit of calculus or just need to solve an equation for fun

Vivino - get more info on wines, log your favourites, never again forget a great bottle, some pretty good offers too, get ratings and tasting notes etc etc

FIA WEC - kind of okay in free mode, but you really need to pay for a sub to get the most of it. Defo something to consider early in the year

Find Friends - otherwise known as 'track your wife...'

Dakar 2017 (etc) - again, if you like your motorsport

Prime Video - watch Amazon stuff

tim993 said:
WolframAlpha - great if you can't remember some bit of calculus or just need to solve an equation for fun

Vivino - get more info on wines, log your favourites, never again forget a great bottle, some pretty good offers too, get ratings and tasting notes etc etc

Cool stuff.

Likey :thumb:

WhatsApp couldn't believe how many people use this when I was away in Russia/Kazakhstan

Portfolio watcher: live update of share prices with alerts

FlightRadar brilliant if your into planes and want to know where they're going, yeah I know need to get out more!

CamScanner brilliant for scanning in time sheets, paperwork etc and e mailing them.

Accuweather, as others have said it is spot on and rarely lets you down

BT WiFi for nicking other peoples Wi-Fi

Lufthansa App only any good if you fly with the Reich but when you do it's brilliant for jumping check in queues

E bay for buying stuff I didn't realise I needed!

Lookout for mobile, security app that tracks your phone and scans your apps

Sky Map for boring everyone to death with which galaxy is rising in Uranus

SkyScanner for flights

A fishing App called Tinder, a mate of mine says it's great if you want to catch old trout and crabs!

easternjets said:
E bay for buying stuff I didn't realise I needed!

This! I was trying to think which apps I used the most.. IMDB, SpeedTest, Google Maps... Nope. Its bloody eBay!

When my accountant looks at my bank statements its all eBay (via PayPal) month after month :eek:

alex yates said:
ragpicker said:
iScanner - allows you to take a pic of a document and turn it into PDF, pretty cool...

:thumb:

Me Likey!! :)

Not sure what phone you have, but on an iPhone there is a native option, just take a normal photo, go to Camera Roll, click on the export button (this is the square with an out arrow, which you would normally click to send photo as a text or email or WhatsApp etc), scroll along the middle row of recipient apps, select the orange "Save PDF to iBooks"

The save to PDF is offered across various other apps, like Safari (ie to archive a whole web page, not just the visible portion on screen)

Strava - All the way, the cycling app holy grail!

TunnelBear - Let's you set up a VPN on your phone so you can fool your phone into thinking you are anywhere you want. I use it to watch the Pro Cycling / F1 when I am abroad fooling my phone into thinking I am in the UK.

We-Q-4U - Awesome app that allows you to enter premium numbers, it then searches for a free number equivalent and calls it for you. You can then choose to let them queue for you if you're on hold. The call ends and the app then rings you back when it's your turn. All free of charge! GET IT!

Skype, Uber and Waze of course, but they're already spoken for.

Great thread topic, Alex!

Sygic is a useful sat nav app, has worked well for me in UK and France.[/b]

Oh and CityMapper is amazing when you're in foreign cities trying to get about, tell it where you want to go and it will bring up all the options. Even walks you to the station/bus stop if you wish. Tells you when next one will arrive and then txts you when it's time to alight, incredible!

Rumour has it that Photobucket will no longer allow you to post links on third party sites :dont know:

A couple of fun apps

DigiHud heads up display (on your phone) speed & GPS

Snapspeed good picture software app

I use the phone button to make calls :thumb:

Thanks guys.

Sonos - got to have music playing when I'm at home and paired with a music streaming service I've got all the music I'll ever need all over the house.

Cesium - I actually had to pay for this one but Apple's music app is a disaster now if you just want to play music from your phone.

Super 6 - it's a bit of fun during the football season and a free chance to win some dosh.

Speedtest - for some reason I always need to know what internet speed I'm getting (51.2 Mbps right now btw).

Instagram - invaluable if you need a quick hit of some stunning Porsche pics from all over the world (oh, and there's girls in bikinis too).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back