Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The 911 is going...

Interesting thread. Maybe I need to run an M# in my motoring life, to scratch my RWD itch. In the meantime, I love the 911 (except for the stupid kickdown feature of the PDK mentioned above, which I really want to get coded out), I love the way it moves down the road, and especially the way it moves out of corners. I find it very quiet and refined compared to my other car (tracked, polybushed, semi-slicks, manual) but it's never been uninvolving. Running up a mountain road at my own speed, all of my friends are far behind.

RWD is a fascination but I've never been a tail-out bandit, and I can still remember with horror the feeling of 'losing it' in a number of RWD non ESP'd cars over the years (none crashed thankfully): a BMW, an Opel Manta, and once even a Lexus (on mismatched tyres). But somehow I think my RWD is going to be something lower, a sports car like an S2000, MX5, etc. rather than a coupe. You need to stay low to the ground.

Good luck with the M2 OP, I've had a drive of a friends and it was impressive, very quick. You'll certainly get your wish for getting the back out at will!

I've had an E46 M3 CS,, E92 M3 and E92 M3 CP and the M2 feels like a modern day E46 to me and I always favoured the stance and handling of the E46 to the E92's.

It took me a while and a number of modifications (lowering springs, geo, intakes, exhaust etc) to bond with my 911 and only really "got it" after a few track days and a bit of instruction.

I think the 911 is an easy car to drive fast but quite difficult to drive fast and well. The M cars limits are more accessible and softer which equals some great fun but to me, maybe not as much satisfaction in the long run.

Big E 118 said:
Good luck with the M2 OP, I've had a drive of a friends and it was impressive, very quick. You'll certainly get your wish for getting the back out at will!

I've had an E46 M3 CS,, E92 M3 and E92 M3 CP and the M2 feels like a modern day E46 to me and I always favoured the stance and handling of the E46 to the E92's.

It took me a while and a number of modifications (lowering springs, geo, intakes, exhaust etc) to bond with my 911 and only really "got it" after a few track days and a bit of instruction.

I think the 911 is an easy car to drive fast but quite difficult to drive fast and well. The M cars limits are more accessible and softer which equals some great fun but to me, maybe not as much satisfaction in the long run.

What 'Big E 118' said :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back