Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Bonnet Badge/Crest

John997

Silverstone
Just firing this question out, I fancy changing the bonnet badge for a black & silver one - one like this:

http://www.design911.com/Bonnet-Bad...tails-Plated-For-Various-Porsches/prod130722/

I called them, asked and it sounds like these are original but then redone/painted by someone etc.. but only with 1 yr warranty. I think this is quite expensive at over £100 yes I know with Porsche stamped on it then it gives people to set a beautiful mark-up.

Does anyone know or from experience a cheaper option ??

Cheers

Phil997 will be along in a minute.

He found a place in the US...

Cheers Mate, I bet Phil is polishing his new motor. Will message the chap.

Thanks James mate ,
Hi John, the guy I use in the states is not the cheapest but he can do anything you want not just black on silver. His name is Jim and he's been hand making these for years, dont get these mixed up with the Chinese rubbish which I first had lasted about 6 months and then started to flake. the acid green one on my old car had been on it 3 years and it still looked new . I have also got a nice one off Jim for my new car . Jim also made a matching steering wheel crest for me.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Porschecrestscom-390130604461406/

interestingly he has just started to sell a few ready made ones on ebay and these at £125 are a far better buy than the D911 ones at £99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/interestedparty/m.html?ssPageName=&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2654

Attachments

• war_washed_3_107.jpg
    war_washed_3_107.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,805
  • hoodcrests1312433533_145.jpg
    hoodcrests1312433533_145.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 2,805
  • img_1532_163.jpg
    img_1532_163.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 2,805
  • img_0356_213.jpg
    img_0356_213.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 2,805
Cheers Phil, certainly do like the one on ebay - really nice colour as well.

Will contact Jim, would also be interested in the steering wheel crest as well.

Once done will post some pic's of the new arrival as they are over due fella

I can vouch for the quality of Jim's crests - I have a Black and Nickel one to go with my carbon bonnet.
quick delivery and excellent quality.

symoonbeam said:
I can vouch for the quality of Jim's crests - I have a Black and Nickel one to go with my carbon bonnet.
quick delivery and excellent quality.

That sounds lovely mate post a pic when you have time. :thumb: :thumb:

Done Phil, just ordered one from Jim. Should be here in about 6-9 days the chap said.

Cheers guys for the help :thumbs:

John997 said:
Done Phil, just ordered one from Jim. Should be here in about 6-9 days the chap said.

Cheers guys for the help :thumbs:

:thumb: result John dont forget pics when its fitted mate :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back