Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Group Buy - H&S Bypass - 997.2 - June 2016

medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
Anyone going to Simply Porsche look for forum member Medmick as he's got the carnewal interior box mod and the H&S bypass, his car sounds great not to loud just plodding around the town in low revs but rev it and it really wakes up. :thumb: He had it done a few weeks ago when we were on our way back from Dinslaken. :thumb:

Or if you are meeting at Rownhams, you can drive behind me from there :D

Thanks for the tip Phil. I'm starting to wonder if I should have gundo'd before bypass. I'm nervous about irreversible mods as this is the most expensive car I've ever owned.

Unfortunately Simply Porsche is too far South for me.

Medmick, is yours gen2? Do you have any sound clips?

I've noticed it sounds much more throaty on cold starts, just not £500 better.

I might keep an eye out for second hand back boxes...

James M-S said:
medmick said:
Phil 997 said:
Anyone going to Simply Porsche look for forum member Medmick as he's got the carnewal interior box mod and the H&S bypass, his car sounds great not to loud just plodding around the town in low revs but rev it and it really wakes up. :thumb: He had it done a few weeks ago when we were on our way back from Dinslaken. :thumb:

Or if you are meeting at Rownhams, you can drive behind me from there :D

Thanks for the tip Phil. I'm starting to wonder if I should have gundo'd before bypass. I'm nervous about irreversible mods as this is the most expensive car I've ever owned.

Unfortunately Simply Porsche is too far South for me.

Medmick, is yours gen2? Do you have any sound clips?

I've noticed it sounds much more throaty on cold starts, just not £500 better.

I might keep an eye out for second hand back boxes...

Hi James,
Yes, mine is a Gen2, but I dont have any sound clips yet. I will get Connor on it!
Regards
Mick

Have now had mine fitted by H&S.

Quality is good and the exhaust note is a lot more noticeable with PSE switched on now and when moving through the rev-ranges.

Overall really pleased I went with this mod.

Thanks for organising the group-buy.

Regards
Harp

Just an FYI that anyone who had their bypass fitted by H&S may want to check their clamps. Mine nearly failed the MoT on emissions as they were leaking and my OPC kindly fitted new clamps at a very reasonable £100

:wack:

davidjf7 said:
Just an FYI that anyone who had their bypass fitted by H&S may want to check their clamps. Mine nearly failed the MoT on emissions as they were leaking and my OPC kindly fitted new clamps at a very reasonable £100

:wack:

The H&S midpipe uses the existing clamp type connectors - did the OPC replace yours because of corrosion?

So, here is an audio clip on my drive, only revving the car upto 3k rpm. I havent got Phil's cahoonas, plus I have some mechanical sympathy!

Just to clarify, I have the Hayward and Scott centre muffler delete, and Gert Carnewal's GT exhaust (Side cans) fitted on a 997.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke9tc4sqcmrgnhz/HandSplusCarnewalGTExhaust.mp3?dl=0

I will get an audio clip of a drive by with higher revs if anyone is interested

Sounds nice mick, well I thought that on the way back through Belgium behind you. :thumb:

Has anyone got their original centre silencer for sale?

Shaoxter said:
Nice bump. Yes! It's sitting in my garage doing nothing

Pm sent

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back