Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone been to see this gen 2 turbo?

Zeb said:
Boba fett said:
apollokre1d said:
Given the mileage and colour I'd say its priced right. Carbon interior looks nice.

What do you lads think of this colour?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706246748122

Rare colour and gearbox on a Gen 2.

I'm going to see this :thumb:

Given I sold it last week ...what would you like to know about it fella? :thumb: 8)

Wow...can you PM a contact number. It would be nice to know the car.

apollokre1d said:
Graemep said:
Carbon interior makes a big difference to the interior IMO.

Just make sure you check it carefully, as the parts are not cheap to replace if they are chipped/warped - I had the OPC replace a couple of parts on mine..

Actually would you mind giving me an idea on roughly how much they charge? My carbon center console has a little bend on it. Hardly noticeable but I know its there.

Eye-watering on the cost of the whole console (new - they have sold a used one for almost half that:

https://teile.com/en/porsche-parts-...sole-rear-part-CARBON-black-Convertible/16538

in my case, it was only the ashtray cover that had warped, and the dash trim that had a chip (I'm guessing from a cupholder) - fortunately changed them without complaint, but some of the companies I'd looked at were pricey even for those - Teile, MACarbon and Suncoast.

Graemep said:
apollokre1d said:
Graemep said:

Just make sure you check it carefully, as the parts are not cheap to replace if they are chipped/warped - I had the OPC replace a couple of parts on mine..

Actually would you mind giving me an idea on roughly how much they charge? My carbon center console has a little bend on it. Hardly noticeable but I know its there.

Eye-watering on the cost of the whole console (new - they have sold a used one for almost half that:

https://teile.com/en/porsche-parts-...sole-rear-part-CARBON-black-Convertible/16538

in my case, it was only the ashtray cover that had warped, and the dash trim that had a chip (I'm guessing from a cupholder) - fortunately changed them without complaint, but some of the companies I'd looked at were pricey even for those - Teile, MACarbon and Suncoast.

Cheers for that, I think I saw someone (here on this site) mention a company that could repair them. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Graemep said:
apollokre1d said:
Graemep said:

Carbon inside is just pointless, so are the door sills, It scratches, chips, weighs no different than plastic, where it is, it is it does not need to be strong, which is its biggest need - its just pleasing to the eye. Piano black, or colour coded looks just as good. :thumb:

Boba fett said:
Carbon inside is just pointless, so are the door sills, It scratches, chips, weighs no different than plastic, where it is, it is it does not need to be strong, which is its biggest need - its just pleasing to the eye. Piano black, or colour coded looks just as good. :thumb:

Looks are subjective so no right or wrong answer there but they are a very expensive and desirable option so not exactly pointless :)

apollokre1d said:
Boba fett said:

Looks are subjective no right or wrong answer there but they are a very expensive and desirable option not exactly pointless :)

You sound like my wife with her LV handbags :thumb:

Boba fett said:
apollokre1d said:
Boba fett said:

Looks are subjective so no right or wrong answer there but they are a very expensive and desirable option so not exactly pointless :)

You sound like my wife with her LV handbags :thumb:

haha :D

Boba fett said:

I think it is a subtle way to enhance the interior and the OE stuff is quite durable :puh:

seeforez said:
Boba fett said:

I think it is a subtle way to enhance the interior and the OE stuff is quite durable :puh:

If it makes you feel all warm inside and "Sporty" I am Ok with that :thumb:

I really like the colour. I could live with it. 8)

Pastel colours are in these days. Look at riviera blue 718's!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back