Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 aero kit codes

Actually, looking over this, it may well be a pre-protocol build.

VRS is definitely the Sonderwunsch off-line build dept code

This is normally for rebuild (ILO Turbo LSD etc), or "heavy" options - eg rollbar fitting or some X50/X51 engine implementations etc.

I wonder if this is the earliest bodykit, but before they were coded (and line fitted), and therefore presumably before they were even official cost options and coded options (ie build was an internal build spec, not customer driven)

GT4 said:
Actually, looking over this, it may well be a pre-protocol build.

VRS is definitely the Sonderwunsch off-line build dept code

This is normally for rebuild (ILO Turbo LSD etc), or "heavy" options - eg rollbar fitting or some X50/X51 engine implementations etc.

I wonder if this is the earliest bodykit, but before they were coded (and line fitted), and therefore presumably before they were even official cost options and coded options (ie build was an internal build spec, not customer driven)

If the 81 code is an off-line build code then that tallies with what Porsche GB said to the PO. I assumed all the other options you mentioned above were part of the 91 code.

In terms of it being an early bodykit, the car is a 2001 model (the VIN confirms this) and so the Cup Aerokit had been part of the option list for some time - it was quoted at £4995 in the 2001 model GB price list I believe.

If it was ordered to be part of the launch, then it would have been ordered by Porsche GB and so perhaps that had an impact in some way?

In know this all sounds a bit sad, but things like this intrigue me, so thank you for your insight! :bow:

Only 1 of the aero kit cars I looked at had the correct option code.However, it doesn't really seem logical that all the others were dealer or owner fitted. I suppose one way of checking would be to see if the engine cover is factory paint and has never been off the car.

g911omr said:
Only 1 of the aero kit cars I looked at had the correct option code.However, it doesn't really seem logical that all the others were dealer or owner fitted.

Interesting and I agree it would seem odd that most were non factory fitted. I wonder given that the side skirts have to be screwed and glued on, and the glue takes 2 hours to cure (according to the Porsche GT3 workshop manual) whether they pulled the cars off the main production line and moved them across to the Exclusive department to ensure production wasn't held up?

g911omr said:
I suppose one way of checking would be to see if the engine cover is factory paint and has never been off the car.

Given the age of the cars now, most of them will have had the engine lid taken off at some point, so I'm not sure that would help.

Mine old one was the same as zanzibar aka fastlane car all be it a 99 C2. No aerokit code but going back through the history all the previous owners said the kit was already on although never managed to track down the original owner. Mine had exclusive code also but also had gt3 wheels which ive been told would have triggered code.
I intended to get in touch with porsche to get original build sheet and to try and find out how many white c2's were built.
Wish I had the money to of kept it really as it looked fantastic in white but I just missed not having a convertible.

eko said:
Marky911 said:
Hi Eko,
Option code for full Aerokit is XAA and should be on the sticker.
Rear wiper standard on Carreras. That's how it's easy to spot a GT3 "wish it was" from behind. :wink:

The C code (C18) is the country of origin. C18 is Japan RHD though so check that is definitely correct. If so it's an import. Could you have misread it and it's C16? C16 is UK.

When we go into my cars Ecu data it says it's a Switzerland car, yet I know it's a U.K. car from a U.K. dealer, so obviously a lazy technician logged it when it was new.

Hope that helps. :thumb:

Edited to add. If no XAA then kit wasn't factory fitted. No biggie as it isn't rocket science to fit the kit but you want the parts to be genuine Porsche ideally.

Thank you for the information, very much appreciated.

If I were to remove the rear spoiler, do the know if what's listed on this ebay link is all that's required, or is there more to it?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...1r4APq7yrPX9aCLNGVMrw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Does anyone have an answer about the spoiler on the Ebay link?

I assume if the aero kit was factory fit then there would be a wiring difference, and perhaps no button on the dashboard?

Fastlane said:
g911omr said:
Only 1 of the aero kit cars I looked at had the correct option code.However, it doesn't really seem logical that all the others were dealer or owner fitted.

Interesting and I agree it would seem odd that most were non factory fitted. I wonder given that the side skirts have to be screwed and glued on, and the glue takes 2 hours to cure (according to the Porsche GT3 workshop manual) whether they pulled the cars off the main production line and moved them across to the Exclusive department to ensure production wasn't held up?

g911omr said:
I suppose one way of checking would be to see if the engine cover is factory paint and has never been off the car.

Given the age of the cars now, most of them will have had the engine lid taken off at some point, so I'm not sure that would help.

Would a factory aero car still have the standard spoiler wiring and the switch in the footwell?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back