Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buzzing noise from fuel cap area

Just to finish this off chaps

Problem was indeed with the purge valve in the engine bay, valve would open but would not close. I fitted another valve on this and covered a few miles now with no unwanted noises and no fault codes when scanned. Car going well hopefully I've not jinxed it.

Thanks for all the help again.

Locosaki said:
Just to finish this off chaps

Problem was indeed with the purge valve in the engine bay, valve would open but would not close. I fitted another valve on this and covered a few miles now with no unwanted noises and no fault codes when scanned. Car going well hopefully I've not jinxed it.

Thanks for all the help again.

That's good to know. Do you have any pictures of the valve or the change procedure for future reference? Also, what did it cost and where did you source it please?

Cheers

Simon

I didn't take pictures but it was simple to change, looking at the engine bay the purge valve is piped into the TB plastic intake on the left hand side, its held on with a jubilee clip and some kind of quick release coupling nearer the header tank.

The purge valve I got wasn't actually a Porsche item it's off a Saab, the electrical connection is the same and it fits in fine, it cost me £15 delivered to my door and was new old stock, a 2nd hand Porsche item was £50 delivered, I have no idea the cost of a new valve.

Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back