Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why a 911 v's others

Some other reasons the 911 does it for me are the similarities with my Ducati:

1. Iconic looks
2. Unique engine configuration
3. Design evolution over many years
4. Distinctive sound
5. Slightly temperamental
6. Racing heritage
7. Brand loyalty
8. Makes me more attractive to women :D

cliffbase said:
Cant believe this hasn't come up, its a stunning car, like others my childhood dream but its not just about the performance & feel good factor when I'm in it, its the hips!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh those hips! I'm very lucky to have a widebody (the C4s not me, although its wider than it once was) and I cant not turn and look at it when parked, ogle it whenever I come home and indulge in over frequent mirror checks when I'm in it.

My missues thinks I have a problem. She might be right!

The mirror checks are the only reason that I would switch to a fixed roof... the lines are still there but slightly interrupted by the deck lid. PSE with no roof and a tunnel is an acceptable compromise though :D

daz parker said:
cliffbase said:
Cant believe this hasn't come up, its a stunning car, like others my childhood dream but its not just about the performance & feel good factor when I'm in it, its the hips!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh those hips! I'm very lucky to have a widebody (the C4s not me, although its wider than it once was) and I cant not turn and look at it when parked, ogle it whenever I come home and indulge in over frequent mirror checks when I'm in it.

I thought on the 997 they were all the side width on the rear? I thought the wideboy 4s was just on the 996?

4's are wider mate, Same as GT and Turbo variant's. Though you have to see one side by side to notice really. C2 is still wide :lol:

neil_911 said:
daz parker said:
cliffbase said:

I thought on the 997 they were all the side width on the rear? I thought the wideboy 4s was just on the 996?

4's are wider mate, Same as GT and Turbo variant's. Though you have to see one side by side to notice really. C2 is still wide :lol:

Yeah the c2 are wide on the rear but I thought I'd read the 997 had the same body for all the range? Don't know where I've got that from then.

daz parker said:
Yeah the c2 are wide on the rear but I thought I'd read the 997 had the same body for all the range? Don't know where I've got that from then.

C2 and C2S = 1808 mm

C4 and C4S = 1852 mm

If you've read the data file in Total 911 they've got the C4S wrong so you may have got it from there. :dont know:

Hardly anything in it then..

Had a drive out to look at a 2005 911 3.8s 65k £27,000 arrived pressed buzzer then got told I needed an appointment to view but you will be ok this time. Guess what I'll spend me money elsewhere thanks.

Called in at another place and they had a panamera 3.0 which are ok I suppose, £31000 for 12 plate with 65k on clocks. Kids would have more leg room but it's not a 911!

Father and son team near Solihull. Took mine to them to have a look around and they seemed enthusiastic and knowledgeable with decent facilities and a an industrial unit full of 911s. Will be servicing my car with them from now on.

neil_911 said:
daz parker said:
cliffbase said:

The GT3 is slim-hipped too (just the GT3 RS and GT2 etc being widebody)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back