Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyon put a named driver with US licence

silvermilnec

Hi guys just after some advice.
I drive a 997 turbo for weekends and a Mini Cooper D as a daily, I've 22 years ncd on the 997 and 2 on the mini.
The wife 4 years ncd on a disco 4.
Then I've just got a 2001 3.2S boxster sorned it was a bargain I couldn't resist lol it's tucked away at work.
I'm doing a trip to monza in the turbo at the end of August with a group of friends. One of the fiends only has a US driving licence and I've said he can use the Boxster (he doesn't have a Porsche and was going to hire) I checked a couple of companies on line and it wouldn't take the US licence.

Anyone done similar? Cheers for any advice!!

Not in Europe, but last year the in-laws were over from the US. We put my father-in-law on the Insurance for our 2002 A4 - from memory it cost about £2 (yes, two pounds) for a week with Directline.

I'm with Aviva and have had family visiting on Canadian licence as named drivers on the 911 policy without any issue.

They were also the only place that would accept my Aus licence/NCB & happy to have partner as a named driver on her Aus licence..

Cheers guys I'll give them a go👍👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back