Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

million dollar question ....

Russboy33

As an ex 997 owner (had 2 997 C2S's) i am now making my first forays into the car I had always really wanted ... a 964. Have not settled on a final car but thinking about what I can get for approx £40k in the coupe/targa manual department. Any advise you can lend here would be much appreciated ... or if you know anyone selling something similar .... many thanks .. Russ

Buying cheap and you'll end up putting a load of dough into it.

Dont be put off by mileage if it has a good service record

Buy later modern rather than earlier unless oil leaks have been sorted with a top end rebuild.

£40k wont buy you a C2. Nothing wrong with C4 as I prefer a car that understeers as I can run out of talent before the car reaches its limit :what:

Some targas look great. there is some body shake but a well fitted roof should sort out windage problems. They are becoming retro in my book so prices have been on the up.

Corrosion in the usual places but can easily be sorted.

Rubbers shrink over time (annoying isn't it) and can cost more than the annual profit made by Durex to replace :what:

Bank on changing out the rear light units as they fade/crack over time. Not cheap but only need to do once.

Also it's a lot different drive to what you're used to. It will be agricultural compared to a 997 but makes a pleasant change for occasional use.

Creature comforts will be limiting. If its got AC bank on it not working and set aside £1k+ to recommission it properly. Parts are peanuts but labour time aint :nooo:

Read a couple of the 'Sticky' restoration threads in the 964 section to see what you can buy and what you can turn it into :thumb:

Russ,

If the car in the post above is of interest to you, see this thread in the forum;

NE Lads. Just FYI - my old 964 Targa for sale.

DaveMc was the previous owner and he can give you chapter and verse on the car. :thumb: You could send him a PM.

John

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back