Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The valuation game

Sad to hear :(

OPC would probably be looking for 50k more if the demand for manual is there so £45k listing for a private sale imo.

It's a shame that you put up with car during all the hassle and now you've spent all that money getting it sorted you're getting rid of it. :roll:

Drive as many miles as you can in the next month and hopefully you'll start to feel different.

nigel99 said:
Actually I think the prices I quoted would for PDK so a bit less for a manual.

I would say other way around - manual worth more. I'd try 45k private sale if under Porsche warranty.

C4S with sub 40k on the clock, and a 60 plate. Gotta be looking at 45k private at least.

Sorry to hear about your experience, I think it's true that EVERY car dealer is out to have your pants down. You don't make money unless you're standing on someone to get it...A car salesman would literally do anything to make his bonus/keep his job.

It's that first few weeks of ownership, Where the area's a dealership has hidden, or a previous owner has hidden to trade in become apparent. Such is motoring i guess, Pure luck.

Unless you're brave enough to buy private from an enthusiast, or a car you know very well. The second hand market is an extremely risky business in my opinion. Especially when cars are priced 40k upwards!

My 2010 C4s with 60k was valued at £49k retail by Porsche Tonbridge on my warranty renewal certificate yesterday.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back