Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Warranty Headache - Air conditioning condenser

Porsche warrenty .. the OPC has to decide wether its warrenty or not .

The guide lines are pretty vague to be honest with wear and tear / corrosion / damage due to objects not covered .. although it used to be .

So the OPC has a look , decides its warrenty and goes ahead with the work .. 2 days later after all the paperwork has been submitted to porsche and the customer is long gone Porsche decide its not warrenty and so dont pay the OPC for the work done .

OPC is either left footing the bill or trying to get the cost back from the customer .

So .. the OPC is going to be more cautious .. it doesnt want to end up paying for things so unless its a cut and dryed warrenty claim then they will say its not warrenty .. if a customer then argues , complains to porsche .. askes to see the items that are NOT covered so it can be proved its not warrenty then things may change .. suddenly it is warrenty.

If not .. customer pays .

The warrenty guide lines are about as clear as mud .. very ambiguous and leave it all up to the poor old OPC.

I for one dont blame the OPC .. i blame Porsche .

Still .. you never know , things might have changed since my day ... yeah right !

Just IMHO .

Demort said:
Porsche warrenty .. the OPC has to decide wether its warrenty or not .

The guide lines are pretty vague to be honest with wear and tear / corrosion / damage due to objects not covered .. although it used to be .

So the OPC has a look , decides its warrenty and goes ahead with the work .. 2 days later after all the paperwork has been submitted to porsche and the customer is long gone Porsche decide its not warrenty and so dont pay the OPC for the work done .

OPC is either left footing the bill or trying to get the cost back from the customer .

So .. the OPC is going to be more cautious .. it doesnt want to end up paying for things so unless its a cut and dryed warrenty claim then they will say its not warrenty .. if a customer then argues , complains to porsche .. askes to see the items that are NOT covered so it can be proved its not warrenty then things may change .. suddenly it is warrenty.

If not .. customer pays .

The warrenty guide lines are about as clear as mud .. very ambiguous and leave it all up to the poor old OPC.

I for one dont blame the OPC .. i blame Porsche .

Still .. you never know , things might have changed since my day ... yeah right !

Just IMHO .

It is incredible how it all works. Ive also realised that if you speak to other OPC's you could get a different response....

And its good that Porsche GB are at the end of the phone - as soon as you can talk to them, they can do stuff too as there seems to be a lot of grey areas.

Even letting them know that I am on my 3rd porsche now and don't plan on leaving the brand - and that I've been on the 911uk forum for nearly 9 years etc....

It allows them to bend things to look after you.

I understand the predicament that OPCs can get into, but end of the day, I don't see why we should have to pay if the warranty covers it....

So Leicester OPC have now come to an agreement with Porsche GB that it will cost me £200 to get this done.

Apparently its not covered by warranty, but was worth calling porsche GB.

Could do with it in this weather!

Aghh the old Goodwill agreement :)

As long as your happy with the outcome and are saving a few pennys then its been worth it .

I agree with everyone though .. its a shame in this day and age we have to complain to get anywhere.

ECP are selling 997 condensors for £72.74 with 72% off RRP :grin:

RedJedi said:
They want £700 to get it replaced..

:floor: :floor:

Zingari said:

£72.74 plus a couple of hours is all it takes, its an easy job for the apprentice.

OPCs are the biggest P-tax offenders. Just look at the markup on that.

wasz said:
RedJedi said:
They want £700 to get it replaced..

:floor: :floor:

Zingari said:

£72.74 plus a couple of hours is all it takes, its an easy job for the apprentice.

OPCs are the biggest P-tax offenders. Just look at the markup on that.

Ridiculous!

I asked my local indie and even his price was £460 ish - even that is mad!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back