Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fixing telepeage Dongle/Tag to inside of 997 windscreen

:thumb:

Attachments

• 20150513_180724_1024x576_157.jpg
    20150513_180724_1024x576_157.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 5,079
Zermatt said:
silvermilnec said:
Sorry for jumping in but I'm doing Monza via Stuttgart at the end of august do I need one of these?? Cheers guys and enjoy your trip zermatt!!

Depends on how many autoroute miles you are doing, this time I'm driving the car solo so it stops the need to lean right across the passenger seat to pay the toll. We will be up and down the autoroute behind Nice a few times and from memory they are very busy tolls.

You won't need one on the Autobahns in Germany as they are free , for Switzerland you need a Vignette which you can buy at the border or use one of the online toll companies to buy one before you travel.

Have a great trip in August ... What's your route ? Up the Italian lakes and the Swiss passes to Stuttgart

Cheers, I'm solo and didn't think about the leaning over lol we are skirting Belgium going across country then from Stuttgart down the Black Forest to Switzerland and through the alps. Happy for any suggestions!!

Great devices as they pay for themselves the first time you avoid a kerbed wheel trying to get too close to the barrier, the time you don't crick your back leaning out of the bucket seat, the time you avoid whacking the door on the opposite booth when you resort to getting out and walking round and in the avoidance of abuse when you do the last one.

Oh, and also in avoiding the moaning from the left hand seat when you ask your partner to do it more than once! "This car is too low, I can't reach" (Although, to be fair, this was when we were in a Lotus Exige rather than a limo Porsche)

Apart from the above, I wouldn't bother.

Johnd52 said:
Great devices as they pay for themselves the first time you avoid a kerbed wheel trying to get too close to the barrier, the time you don't crick your back leaning out of the bucket seat, the time you avoid whacking the door on the opposite booth when you resort to getting out and walking round and in the avoidance of abuse when you do the last one.

Oh, and also in avoiding the moaning from the left hand seat when you ask your partner to do it more than once! "This car is too low, I can't reach" (Although, to be fair, this was when we were in a Lotus Exige rather than a limo Porsche)

Apart from the above, I wouldn't bother.

Don't think I'll bother then :floor:

If you don't decide to invest in one, take care with what credit card you use at the booths.

The last couple of years I have had issues........after the 3rd time of presenting the card they stop working because you have not used a pin number so they block the card.

Banks being ever so helpful tell you to go to an ATM with PIN facilities and unblock it.
What they DON'T tell you is that NO ATM in France will allow you to do it and a visit inside to speak to a bank teller is of no use also.

Debit cards seem to be OK (but of course they're the ones that charge you for foreign transactions) :gunfire:

Anyone got a link? If they are only a few pounds even if I only use it once I'd rather have it.

silvermilnec said:
Anyone got a link? If they are only a few pounds even if I only use it once I'd rather have it.

Looking at this for myself too

SANEF
and TOLLTICKETS.com (seem to be cheaper)

Rent them and send them back after your trip

Used a tag from https://www.saneftolling.co.uk on a very recent trip to the Loire valley.
All worked fine and as others have said saves an enormous amount of hassle.
See trip on devonunclotted.blogspot.com

silvermilnec said:

Not sure Would use it given your rough route through Belgium etc. But in case you are going through france on way back....

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support/faq/support-Faq.List/#1.0.

Link takes you to the faq on the sanef uk site so you can see details. This is for French toll only.

39euro to setup (20euro refundable when you send it back). Plus 5euro per month (max charge 2 months) that you use it and the tolls.

You can use viamichelin to see which roads are French toll if you are mixing France/Belgium/Germany routes etc.

infrasilver said:
Also if you are using the Tunnel use this link to save you some money, we all used this link on our recent trip.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/trave...nnel_website&dclid=cmsbj-7u0dqcffai0wodag0hxw

"top tip". :thumb:

If your only thinking of doing relatively short journey, Tolltickets.com is £4.00 for the device "rent" free for 21 days, 22p for every day thereafter.
However, there is a charge of 9% on total of all tolls accrued.
(German company, also does other countries)

Cheers guys thanks for the great links!!

I've borrowed one from toll tickets - really pleased with it so far . We're a group of 7 cars- with two with telepeage dongles/transponders - what a difference it makes for passing through polls .

One non transponder user is already has a kerbed alloy - so so far money well spent.

I'm going for the hold it up st the windscreen approach as we're only in France for 2-3 days and it works fine 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back