Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is the 991.2 R already on the cards

Porsche News

Spy pics reveal the potential successor...

porsche-911-mystery-test-mule.jpg

porsche-911-mystery-test-mule.jpg

Or another possibility is that this could be the new limited-edition variant from Porsche Exclusive. The automaker's customization division teased in a recent video that its team was working on a project for an arrival sometime in 2017. Perhaps the crew is putting some effort into an interesting take on the GT3..... :?:

Sport Classic is my guess.

*frothing*

...or it could just be a Porsche Design Black Edition... :?:

I see where you're coming from... but doesn't it look a bit too "GT" to be a parts bin special like a Black Edition :grin:

... although actually that's what a Sport Classic is too... hmm

Roro said:
I see where you're coming from... but doesn't it look a bit too "GT" to be a parts bin special like a Black Edition :grin:

The SportClassic had a pair of distinct features that were not only NOT from the parts bin, but also not available separately without a SportClassic VIN number (the carbon ducktail and the double bubble roof). The car in the picture has neither. And if it were the next R, wouldn't you at least expect the RS roof panel on it? And ceramics... :?:

I'd be interested to know if the car in the picture was on LB plates (like many of the mules and development cars) or S GO plates such as usually appear on models close to production too?

Disco said:
Roro said:

The SportClassic had a pair of distinct features that were not only NOT from the parts bin, but also not available separately without a SportClassic VIN number (the carbon ducktail and the double bubble roof). The car in the picture has neither. And if it were the next R, wouldn't you at least expect the RS roof panel on it? And ceramics... :?:

I'd be interested to know if the car in the picture was on LB plates (like many of the mules and development cars) or S GO plates such as usually appear on models close to production too?

Good points

This must be something in between then, something "new" in between a BE and a SC type vehicle

Possibly an ST or Touring then. Although it's missing the rear GT deck scoops (and undertray aero?), so I don't think this has a special engine. If it is a Touring / ST then it'll probably just be as a new trim level offered on a Carrera then. I don't know, I'm confused by this...

Its all GT3 bits apart from the rear deck. R lite is my guess.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back