Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996T - anyone running 19's in/around Virginia Water area??

charandhindsa

Hi Chaps,

A 19" wheel is under serious consideration for my 996Turbo - most likely 8.5/12x19 with the suitable offsets..

Anyone around Virginia Water +10/15 miles running a similar setup on their car? Especially interested in taking a look at standard suspension; height, stance, general look when combined with a 19' wheel..

Many thanks,

Not sure if this helps but I run 19s on mine with 305 width tyres at the rear.

The compromise however is the ride which is harsher as you would expect due to the lower profile tyre.

Pics below of the look.

sidedistance_zps6oeeayge.jpg

frontangle_zps09hfzxaz.jpg

Mine on 19" 305-30-19 on the rear 235-35-19 fronts.

I think the car needs lowering to get the desired stance,
19" will accentuate the gap even more so than 18" due to different profile tyres.

996%20BBS_zpsejsxklav.jpg

IMG_8252_zpseaiind5o.jpg

Heres my 4s from years ago with 12" rear and 9" front BBS CHR's.... standard suspension etc.....

I don't think you can beat the look of 19" LM's with slight lowering on the 996 wide body cars

:thumb:

Morning Chaps - that's good insight many thanks.

@Harv - it's a classic look, pricey for me....would love to find a second hand set....any ideas?

@Baldguy - the CHR's present good value for money in my opinion. Only slight drawback is the weight over hollow spokes, but given the larger diameter and the mono block config..inevitable..I am currently considering these wheels actually - 235.35.19 8.5j et51 / 295.30.19 12j et45 running Pirelli P Zeros. Only concern being slight overall height increase ~5m front / ~10m rear. Slight rake doesn't bother me much...but again, not seen these on in person :-/

@K9ng - Michelin's? Lowered springs? Lowering may be an option in the future, but not at present. I guess I am now at the stage where aesthetics are secondary to basic form and function. Then again if the wallet allowed for a set of coilovers I'd be on them like a shot!

@BlackTurbo - great thanks. What suspension are you running?

This musing has only come about given my initial plan to refurb the hollow spokes and space out the wheels to emulate a GT2 look. ~5-600 outlay..The CH-R's (second hand, are coming in at £18oo in near new condition)

Thanks

charandhindsa said:
@Harry-996tt

Looks good.

Standard suspension? Are in in the area at all?

Im on Bilstein PSS10 suspension which is ride height adjustable and i have it sitting quite low.

Unfortunately im about 1.5 hours away from you although do attend some of the london porsche meets from time to time.

charandhindsa said:
Morning Chaps - that's good insight many thanks.

@Harv - it's a classic look, pricey for me....would love to find a second hand set....any ideas?

@Baldguy - the CHR's present good value for money in my opinion. Only slight drawback is the weight over hollow spokes, but given the larger diameter and the mono block config..inevitable..I am currently considering these wheels actually - 235.35.19 8.5j et51 / 295.30.19 12j et45 running Pirelli P Zeros. Only concern being slight overall height increase ~5m front / ~10m rear. Slight rake doesn't bother me much...but again, not seen these on in person :-/

@K9ng - Michelin's? Lowered springs? Lowering may be an option in the future, but not at present. I guess I am now at the stage where aesthetics are secondary to basic form and function. Then again if the wallet allowed for a set of coilovers I'd be on them like a shot!

This musing has only come about given my initial plan to refurb the hollow spokes and space out the wheels to emulate a GT2 look. ~5-600 outlay..The CH-R's (second hand, are coming in at £18oo in near new condition)

Thanks

Yes on Michelin Pilot Supersport, Bilstein PSS10 coilovers.
BBS CH-R 12x19 rear & 9x19 fronts.

charandhindsa said:
Morning Chaps - that's good insight many

Thanks

I am running on designtek 30mm lowering springs.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back