Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pilot Sport 4 for 996 2004 targa?

stefant

Hi hoping someone who knows a lot more about tyres than me can help.

I am struggling to find pilot sport for my 18" wheels on my 2004 996 targa.
The sizes I am searching for are: 225/40 18 and 285/30 18. Is this correct? As the pilot sport 4 don't come in this size and I really don't want to buy p zero!

Not bothered about n rating. Anyone help?

Thanks

Stick Bridgestones on it. Your spine will thank you.

285/30 x 18 is the correct size for 18" Carrera wheels on a Gen2, it's what are on mine and what is listed in the handbook and on Porsche Tyre Approvals page... 265/35 was listed for Gen1 models

http://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/tyreapproval/

Michelin PS4 is not available in this exact size, however they do make it in 275/35 x 18 which is as near as damn it to the original spec and likely what I'll be fitting to replace the current Conti Contact2 that are on it at the moment

As others have said, the correct size for gen.2 is 285/30R18

If you want to stay Michelin then the Pilot Sport 2-N3 are available for about £200 each

Or the Continental Sport Contact 2-N2 is £20 or so cheaper

Finally the Brigestone Potenza S02A-N3 is very slightly cheaper again

All of the above are N rated (but only because the size is almost exclusively Porsche)
Hope that helps! :thumb:

You can also get Pirelli PZero Rossos N4 for even less.

Pity PS4 isn't available in 285-30-18, but I think Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's are a pretty good tyre even though the design is a few years old.

I've never been a fan of Pirelli, Continental or the older Bridgestone RE050 but I guess we all have our own favourites, especially since we all have different criteria for their intended use.

Good luck :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back