Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paintwork repairs - recommendations?

AngusG

Hi all

Got back to my car earlier to find some reprobate has managed to scratch the front passenger side in a couple of places (front bumper and wing). The Wong damage has gone right through to the metal. Thankfully they left a note, apologising profusely and offering to pay.

Oh no, wait - they just left it. Scumbags.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips on dealing with this?

Ie cost of repair, resorts? should I claim on Insurance? And should I get it done by Porsche?

Any thoughts gratefully received...

Thank you
A

Whereabouts are you? Sure someone can make a recommendation.

Oh an no, don't get Porsche to do it!

Thanks v much - I'm in North London.

I'm guessing Porsche would be quite expensive then... I've actually got to get a service done shortly so depending on who is recommended I could get them to do the service too.

That sucks - but it seems to be part of modern life now.

You could try to find out if there is any CCTV operating that might have caught the reg plate of scum damaging your car.

Don't go through Insurance as you'll be paying a much higher premium for years.

Langley Autocraft in Kings Langley are not far from you and have a good reputation for bodywork (one of the owners, Pete, is a big Porsche fan) and I believe they do work for 911 Virgin.

Conveniently JZM are just next door so you could have both the repair and service done at the same time. The two companies know each other well and are quite happy to work together.

I'm in hertford and mine needs a little scrape sorting out so might nip to Kings Langley :)

For servicing, if you don't need to go down the OPC route because of warranty (I have to) I would recommend Matt of Porschacare, depends where you are in north london??

Just been, "Pete" is away (getting married!) so spoke to his sidekick. Basically said £400 a panel is a good guide.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back