Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 964 Owner Intro

Really enjoying getting to know the similarities and the differences...

Couldn't resist getting the adjacent plate!

IMG_2499_zpsgymbvmef.jpg

Very nice, great colour too..... BBS would look great IMHO👍

Attachments

• img_0177_183.jpg
    img_0177_183.jpg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 18,637
Well, a couple of weeks (and 250 miles) in and I'm keen to swap out the inappropriate wheels.

I have to confess that I'm leaning towards a set of refurbished D90s.

Apart from the fact that they're MUCH more affordable than Cup 1s (or even Cup 2s), let alone some original BBS rims...I also think they look pretty cool:

http://www.samuellaurence.com/cars/1990-porsche-carrera-4s-rhd/

I like the idea of going right back to April 1990, when the Happy Mondays were in the Top 10 and D90's looked like the future.

Comments welcome...

D90s a great shout and really lightweight too. Love the colour of your 964 btw!

Bullet bit: 9 Apart are refurbishing a set of Design 90s for me. And I'm about to order four new P Zero tyres from Camskill or similar...[/url]

Newly refurbished D90's from 9 Apart with metal centre caps and a fresh set P Zeros N4's:

IMG_2569_zpsyinbywan.jpg

I much prefer the ride. And it's nice to be 'period correct' (ignore the mirrors, and the steering wheel, and the exhaust mods, the radio upgrade, the Bilstein shocks, the H&R springs...!)

What is it about these full-width reflectors...?!

IMG_2500_zpsl2lmdxdj.jpg

Interestingly, the 964's Certificate of Authenticity confirms the factory colour as 'Grand Prix White' but the code in the Service Book was then updated by Porsche Cars Great Britain to reflect the conversion to 'Brilliant Red Metallic':

Paint%20code_zpsfplg191x.jpg

Oh, and if you participated in the 'Exclusive' programme in 1990, you got this tiny sticker on the bottom of your expensively-painted, offside wing!

Sticker_zpswvcjcsvi.jpg

That just looks lovely :salut:

would love to hear your thoughts on how the two 911s compare - handling, sense of speed, sound etc

Well, now 850 miles in...the difference? In a nutshell (and I know it's simplistic), but it's like the difference between analogue and digital. Between lowering the stylus on a heavy AR turntable and clicking on a track via Spotify! Both have their place, and being able to flit between one and the other is the real joy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back