Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery/Generator warning

i_should_coco

Started the car just now and got this after a few seconds.

IMG_20170618_124006.jpg

Drove a couple of miles and it comes back after restart. :(

Coincidentally (or not) I've just washed the . Could be water has got somewhere it shouldn't?

Any ideas on the most likely cause?

Last year my 997 Gen 1 did this. It was a sign the alternator had failed. New alternator & battery from OPC £600 +

Yep, almost certainly the alternator.

I'd be very careful - don't drive it.

I had this occur while I was on the motorway - in my old 996 and drove about a further 10 miles - it fried the battery - over charging it - looked like a rugby ball.

If its only just come on and you have stpped I don't see why your battery should be toast.

New regulator £50/60) - which is a serviceable/changeable item (though Porsche won't change it - they'll sell you a new alternator).

And you should be good to go.

Thanks chaps, think I will call the AA as I'm away from home. At least they can do some rudimentary diagnosis.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back