Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Le Mans - Victory number 19 !!!

Looks great PR but the engines in these cars have no resemblance to the stock Carreras since 1997. Porsche has been trading on a reputation for engineering reliability it has not deserved since it introduces the M96/97 engines & we have all recently read here about growing issues with its replacement.

GARY S said:
Looks great PR but the engines in these cars have no resemblance to the stock Carreras since 1997. Porsche has been trading on a reputation for engineering reliability it has not deserved since it introduces the M96/97 engines & we have all recently read here about growing issues with its replacement.

Cod fillets are £12 a kilo.

GARY S said:

The post 97 engine were light years ahead in terms of power, performance and efficiency, the iron age versus the older stone Age. Their reputation as a company has never been higher, their success never greater, the cars never better. I wish I could afford a brand new 911 Carrera and have a Macan for the family runs.

GARY S said:

It'd be helpful were you able to quote failure rates per kilometre travelled per model (or some other measure that allows a meaningful comparison?) in order to substantiate your claim..... :?:

:thumbs:

T8 said:
GARY S said:

Cod fillets are £12 a kilo.

Don't understand that one.

I was driving on the D940 yesterday about an hour south of Calais when I was rather surprised to see a British police traffic patrol car. Harry Metcalf tweeted about it today- evidently Kent police were on French soil 'advising' French police on how to sort out Le Mans traffic......it didn't get a great response on the Kent police twitter account.

I wonder if a few of the patrol cars came back with the boot full of cheap booze and fags?

:)

Liking the Porsche LMP1 car on the front page of the site :worship:
But wasn't it the number 2 car that came home first. :?:

pzero said:

It was.

I think the bigger story is maybe the LMP2 car coming 2nd overall. With 90 mins to go the LMP2 was outright leader but got passed twice by the 919 well before the end. The best racing was in GT, the las few laps of GTE are well worth a watch.

Senoj said:
pzero said:

It was.

I think the bigger story is maybe the LMP2 car coming 2nd overall. With 90 mins to go the LMP2 was outright leader but got passed twice by the 919 well before the end. The best racing was in GT, the las few laps of GTE are well worth a watch.

It was an epic one this year wasn't it - no end of stories and the last handful of laps between the Aston and 'Vette were superb.

And if the race itself weren't dramatic enough this year, there is an epilogue too. The car that finished 3rd (2nd in class for LMP2) was disqualified. During the race it developed a problem with the starter motor which meant that after a pit stop they had to hit it with a hammer to get the car to start. Removing the rear deck every stop was bleeding away time, so they cut a hole in the rear bodywork so that all they had to do to restart was put a bar through the hole and hit that. Unfortunately that took the bodywork out of the P2 homologation rules, putting them in the frame for penalty or sanction. The team later realised this and went to try and put some tank tape over it after the end of the race. That of course was a gargantuan oops as that was a breach of parc ferme rules and the car was DQed out of the official classification.

So the final result is that the winner spent over an hour on one of its pit stops being repaired and the rest of the podium were P2 cars entered by the team backed by none other than Jackie Chan.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back