Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car upgrade

Did the garage get the power figure wrong in their advert, they mention 385 but you put 408 bhp?

Looks like a nice car, but I must admit that I don't get the GTS thing in general. I can see a turbo as a step up but I wonder if the GTS is not just too much of a marketing exercise?

I really could be missing something (quite new to Porsche) and not trying to rain on your very excellent parade. Happy to be shown the error of my ways. Meanwhile I'll get my coat and put on my flame suit.....

Very nice indeed :thumb:

MarkC4S said:
Did the garage get the power figure wrong in their advert, they mention 385 but you put 408 bhp?

Looks like a nice car, but I must admit that I don't get the GTS thing in general. I can see a turbo as a step up but I wonder if the GTS is not just too much of a marketing exercise?

I really could be missing something (quite new to Porsche) and not trying to rain on your very excellent parade. Happy to be shown the error of my ways. Meanwhile I'll get my coat and put on my flame suit.....

If I ever change mine, it will need to be a GTS (997.2 or 991.1), love them :thumb:

Just done the same, getting the new one on Tuesday. Will post pictures Tuesday/Wednesday.
Porsche is an expensive addiction!

MarkC4S said:

GTS is definitely 408hp

MarkC4S said:

Yes.. they only stated a standard "S". GTS has Powerkit as standard :thumb:

With regard to "marketing"... youre right to a degree... But it was to celebrate the last of the 997s before the move to 991. They loaded them up with lots of toys...

The press universally praised them eg:

http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911/6988/porsche-911-carrera-gts-review

I spoke with Lee Sibley (total 911 editor) this Wednesday. Given his experience of driving literally every flavour of 911...He said. "mate... It's a fantastic car!!"

As far as turbos ... I love normally aspirated ...Noise off sports exhaust is so much of the experience for me

I am choosing this over a 991s, as I'm saving myself for a 991 4s or GTS in 3 years :bandit:

isysman said:
MarkC4S said:

GTS is definitely 408hp

So is the difference created by tuning only, or are there mechanical differences between the C2S and GTS engines?

Guy just answered my question. Doh!

Congratulations Guy, GTS consummate alrounder, all purpose 911, can't go wrong :thumb:

askgeez said:
MarkC4S said:

With regard to "marketing"... youre right to a degree... But it was to celebrate the last of the 997s before the move to 991. They loaded them up with lots of toys...

I spoke with Lee Sibley (total 911 editor) this Wednesday. Given his experience of driving literally every flavour of 911...He said. "mate... It's a fantastic car!!"

As far as turbos ... I love normally aspirated ...Noise off sports exhaust is so much of the experience for me

I am choosing this over a 991s, as I'm saving myself for a 991 4s or GTS in 3 years :bandit:

Thanks for the information, did not realize it was a run out model and I guess that fully loaded with a unique "GTS" badge makes it a great N/A 997; especially if like me you think the 991 is just a bit too large and high tech. I think the elegant 997 is the sweet spot, well it is to my mind at least :mrgreen:

GTS got something like £14k of extras, including the powerkit which was about £7000 if I remember right?

As a daily driver they are apparently superb, not as awesome and mental as a GT3, RS, Turbo, but as normal road going 997's go, probably the sweet spot, so a great buy.

MarkC4S said:
askgeez said:
MarkC4S said:

Thanks for the information, did not realize it was a run out model and I guess that fully loaded with a unique "GTS" badge makes it a great N/A 997; especially if like me you think the 991 is just a bit too large and high tech. I think the elegant 997 is the sweet spot, well it is to my mind at least :mrgreen:

In my mind (and budget) too :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back