Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake pad wear dash light

Rioja996TT

I have an intermittent fault which shows the above dash warning light for a few days and then disappears. There is no problem with the pads and I have been told that cause may be a hardened wiring harness under the passenger wing. Can this be repaired/replaced without great difficulty?

Thanks

I assume the brake pad sensor wires have all been checked and found to be ok ?

The harness is encased in a hard plastic so a replacement is pretty much whats needed .

The n/s/f isnt too bad .. its closer to the ABS cu so less panels to remove .

There are however 4 of these ( 1 on each corner ) so again i assume its actually been checked and found to be open circuit ? other wise its just a guess .

Demort said:
I assume the brake pad sensor wires have all been checked and found to be ok ?

The harness is encased in a hard plastic so a replacement is pretty much whats needed .

The n/s/f isnt too bad .. its closer to the ABS cu so less panels to remove .

There are however 4 of these ( 1 on each corner ) so again i assume its actually been checked and found to be open circuit ? other wise its just a guess .

Yes it was diagnosed as front left harness about three years ago, but then the fault disappeared until the last few weeks. Is it a time consuming job?

Demort said:
Been a long time since i replaced one but i think its about 1 - 1.5 hours .

Thanks! I have a funny feeling that as soon as I buy the part, the light will go out again!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back