Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NICE 4S AT 911 VIRGIN

Trantorman said:
Well is anyone is looking my fully restored, Artic with Black 4s is sitting in Porsche in Aberdeen show room, car has done zero miles since a very full and comprehensive restoration and is utterly gorgeous...

:thumbs:

Car looks lovely, but 112k miles for £95k seems quite a lot of money?

TomH said:
We were accused of underpricing the car last time

Was that Jonttt or a member of the Illuminati inner workings committee :dont know:

Thanks for your comment on the asking price on the face of it in might seem high untill you understand whats been done:
Listed in no particular order:

Full brake refresh, calipers rebuilt, powder coated new pistons and seals, new discs pads and all sensors.
Full glass out Bare metal respray, with all panels fully stripped and door tops repainted, remedial works including door check straps, rear chassis legs and front windscreen surround corrective works.
New Bumper supports and all underside clips screws and brackets.
All new rubber seals and gaskets.
New windscreen.
New head light glasses.
New tail lights.
Tore B HID headlamp upgrade.
Full wheel refurbishment by Leppsons and new tyres.
New air con lines and all brackets.
The engine was fully stripped and rebuilt due to through tube oil leakage.
Cylinder heads rebuilt with new valve guides.
New piston Rings.
All seals gaskets replaced.
New Replacement cam shafts do to slight pitting on the original ones.
New lifters as required.
All Tin ware repainted or replaced.
All Bolts and brackets re-anodised as per new.
Fuel injectors recalibrated and fully cleaned.
New plugs and distributor caps and leads.
New distributor drive belt.
Suspension had been recently replaced by Precision, prior to restoration.
New clutch.
Heater hoses.
Carnewal Exhaust boxes
All new V belts
PA 1000 Alarm board.
New front carpet set.
Full suspension geo carried out by Porsche Aberdeen along with a fresh MOT.

suddenly the guide price is not so hefty.

Sounds like a regular forum car :dont know:

NIBrown said:
A stunning looking car for sale at 911 Virgin, anyone here?

Wow that sold quick and same spec as my 4S. I thought the price was quite steep for the mileage but supply and demand i guess. :thumbs:

I should unofficially announce my turn is next as my Zenith Blue 993 S will be heading to the sale block in the coming weeks. Quite difficult to price with the current economic climate and elections.

Will write up a post in coming weeks when i get back in town.

Kash

I know I'm new to this, but think this is overpriced. But if someone wants to pay over the odds, that's up to them. I bought privately, and would say you'll get a much better deal. After all, the dealers buy privately, do the work and then put a hefty margin on (sorry 911 Virgin). That's what they pay their overheads with. Just get it inspected. Perhaps private sellers think it will be difficult to shift with money being spent and take the easy option.

Talking of overpricing - has anyone looked at Hagerty's classic car valuation tool?

I find it hard to believe that a C2S is double the value of a C2.

Build numbers/rarity aside - I see more wide-body coming up for sale than narrow.

Mosquito said:
I know I'm new to this, but think this is overpriced. But if someone wants to pay over the odds, that's up to them. I bought privately, and would say you'll get a much better deal. After all, the dealers buy privately, do the work and then put a hefty margin on (sorry 911 Virgin). That's what they pay their overheads with. Just get it inspected. Perhaps private sellers think it will be difficult to shift with money being spent and take the easy option.

You're
beatdeadhorse.gif
here chum as the Illuminati exert mystical influence over the 993 following. Once those rose tinted specs are adorned paying too little is not an option. Only George Eaton is their nemesis, but I think he's lying doggo :dont know:

I keep saying there is a big spread between what the seller got trade and what the screen price is. :what: I work off the lower figure and how much folding you get when you walk away from it :roll:

:hand: I think there is an instruction in the Hagerty valuation tool that insists you take a long sniff of Evo-stick before crunching the numbers. I've yet to find someone who has bought from them and actually used the car :bandit:

Let look at the facts rather than the hyperbole shall we...... the car sold in a couple of days, was underpriced :bandit:

Decent 993's prices are solid and continue to appreciate (despite years of people saying the bubble would burst and not accepting the fact there was a new level not a bubble). NA wide bodies will be £100k + cars within a couple of years. The gap between NB and WB will continue to widen. You see more WB for sale at dealers (all maybe 6 of them in the past 6 months :floor: ) simply due to the price and the fact there is always a thread and debate that they are overpriced so they stick in the mind more. The threads only last a couple of days however before the "deposit taken" post goes up. When you are handing over £50k+ of your hard earned most want to do it to a company and not an individual, same for any car not just porsche. As NB prices also continue to rise less and less of those will be private sales.

993's still better than money in the bank :judge:

jonttt said:
Let look at the facts rather than the hyperbole shall we...... the car sold in a couple of days, was underpriced :bandit:

Decent 993's prices are solid and continue to appreciate (despite years of people saying the bubble would burst and not accepting the fact there was a new level not a bubble). NA wide bodies will be £100k + cars within a couple of years. The gap between NB and WB will continue to widen. You see more WB for sale at dealers (all maybe 6 of them in the past 6 months :floor: ) simply due to the price and the fact there is always a thread and debate that they are overpriced so they stick in the mind more. The threads only last a couple of days however before the "deposit taken" post goes up. When you are handing over £50k+ of your hard earned most want to do it to a company and not an individual, same for any car not just porsche. As NB prices also continue to rise less and less of those will be private sales.

Couldn't have put it any better. Every time a decent 2 or 4S comes up for sale we see this, but they always sell from the trusted retailers. Let's revisit this thread in 2 yrs :D

ChrisT70 said:
jonttt said:

Couldn't have put it any better. Every time a decent 2 or 4S comes up for sale we see this, but they always sell from the trusted retailers. Let's revisit this thread in 2 yrs :D
:floor: :wink:

Whatever you pay today the chances are it will be worth more in 10 years time.

If you can afford it and want it, then just buy it and forget about the value, just enjoy owning and using an iconic car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back