Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres for Gen 1 C2S

i_should_coco

Hi folks,

New to the forum, though I've been lurking for a while. I've had a 2006 C2S for about a year now and the rears are due for replacement.

Currently it has N-rated Pirelli P-Zeros all round, but reading various forums seems to indicate that they might not be the best choice - it's always felt slightly nervous to me and that seems in line with opinion.

I've always liked Michelin in general, so am thinking of moving to those, but not sure whether to go with N-rated PS2, MPSS or the new PS4S.

Would value the forum's advice and opinion.

Thanks,
Pete

:welcome: to 911uk Pete.

This subject is discussed an awful lot on here and the consensus is usually Michelin.

PS2 if you want N rated. Later versions if you're not worried.

Click below for loads of threads about tyres

LINK => http://www.911uk.com/viewforum.php?f=53

Currently running Michelin Pilot SuperSport tyres on my 997 Carrera S. They're providing lots of grip and confidence. However, they are mega noisy. Annoyingly noisy to be honest. so noisy that I'd not buy them again and would go back to Bridgestone Potenza.

Michelin 100% and depending on if you have a warranty which you go for , I have used pilot sort and pilot supersport both are very good the supersport has a more curved sidewall and smaller rim protector than the pilot sport. much less road noice than most of the others :thumb:

I have just changed tyres on my C2S and went for the Michelin PS4S as I don't have a factory warranty

I haven't driven too much since then but from what I read and understand that's currently the best tyre out there

Having said that, they look a bit more bulky than my previous michelin sports cup ...

8mRxJwq.jpg

Thanks guys!

Will have a read of the tyre threads. No warranty, so non-N-rated is not an issue in that respect. My only concern there is if say an N-rated version would be in some way different.

I'm leaning to the more modern options such as PS4S despite the lack of N rating.

Is anyone aware of any Insurance issues with lack of N-rating? I'm guessing not as, from what I understand, Insurance companies would only have an issue if it contributed to an accident.

Bear in mind compounds improve all the time and tyres performance degrade over time so just because your old tyres aren't performing doesn't mean a new set of the same brand won't perform.
I use both Pzero and Bridgestones and find both very capable for road use - maybe a turbo i would spend the extra for michelins but its all down to preference really.
its hard to push any of these tyres to the limit and keep your license in my view

Getting some Michelin PS4S rears fitted on Monday! :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back