Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Sump Plug

Forshew

Can anyone help please? I had a small leak from what I thought was the sump plug and have now taken it out. It appears it is the Chain Adjuster.

Can I just put it back? Any ideas on torque?

I'd be grateful for advice.
Thanks

Attachments

• img_1469_786.jpg
    img_1469_786.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,030
You taken this off when thought it was a sump plug, if its a chain adjuster, hope you didnt start the engine!!, you may have done some damage,,

J

Is it the one faceing down or the one faceing sideways ?

I would say get the car recovered to a Porsche indy as the timeing could well have slipped .

Also did you hear any noises when you removed it ?

oh dear - not only took out the wrong plug but can't get my photo up the right way - believe it or not I have rebuilt engines in the past!

But thanks for response - no noise when I took it out - other than the swoosh of oil (its ok, I was expecting that!); and, No I haven't started the engine. Just that having a flat face made me think it should 'engage' on something and yet I can only feel what seems to be a belt which this appears to apply tension to. Must get a Workshop Manual!

Please .. Please ask questions here first .. you wont belive the amount of good .. Correct advise you will be given .. there are even Porsche mechanics on this site that are happy to advise you .

Is it the one faceing downwards ?

Edit .. posted a link for the wrong forum ..

Double edit .. its Bank 1 timeing chain tensioner from the looks of it ..

Ill pm you .

PM sent .. look top right below your login name .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back