Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New shoes finally fitted

Stunning car

Stunning wheels

Just STUNNING :worship:

:thumb:

NinjaPower said:
madge said:
Looks great. Your paint is stealing the show though - it looks fantastic. Very glossy. :worship:

All that glitters is not gold...

It's showing it's age a bit now, few bits of bubbling in the usual places at the bottoms of the screens and a couple of other bits that aren't ideal.

I will be getting the sander on it at some point in the next couple of months and giving it some TLC.

Reminds me of the old saying amongst detailers: "Good from afar, but far from good" :grin:

Well I've finally taken the plunge and new Veloce wheels have arrived and been fitted. However on my C4 I'm getting a very slight arch rub on the rears. My suspension was a bit low, about 10mm below sport, so I've raised it up to sport ride height and I still have a very slight rub on the rear.

I'm not sure if this is because it's a C4 or because of the conti sport tyres. It's touching at about 10 o'clock to 11 o'clock position on the driver's side, 1 - 2 o'clock on near side. I think I'm going to have to slightly roll the arch to sort this. Unless anyone has any other idea's?

IMG_20170610_121804311_zpsiosz7gvd.jpg

IMG_20170610_121922276_zpshimi62ym.jpg

IMG_20170610_121730394_HDR_zpsje0tagjv.jpg

IIRC the Veloce are 9.5j Rears. What is the offset?

For example an OEM Speedline RS is 10j wide with an offset of ET65 and I've never heard of any issues with rubbing. I run a genuine Speedline Daytona in 10j width with a slightly more aggressive offset of ET59 at RS ride height. My arches required a very slight tickle to eliminate any contact at full compression.

The above info is based on Porsche recommended tyre size of 265/35/18.

C.

The rears are 9.5 x 18 ET47. Veloce say they are a straight fit on the 993, infact NinjaPower has put 5mm spacers on his C2. So either the C4 has slightly different suspension or the Contisport tyres, which have a slightly rounded profile on the sidewall are the cause.

Tyres are 265/35/18, and it appears the fouling is on the sidewall as the suspension is compressed.

When you say a very slight tickle, cableguy, what exactly did you need to do?

So ET47 is 18mm more aggressive than the standard ET65, however the 0.5" less in width equates to approx. 12mm resulting in +6mm offset difference with OEM tyre size. Basically the same as my 10j ET59.

I had my arches tickled whilst my car was in with CG for its full suspension refresh. I've just checked my invoice and they used a company called Arch Attack at a cost of £100. I didn't want a full arch roll and the car didn't need it, hence the inner arches were rolled in slightly by around 25% resulting in no contact on full rebound and hard cornering. HTH. ;)

C.

AndyS said:
All this talk of ET's, tickling and j's is complete double dutch to me - but I gotta say that those Veloce wheels do look good :thumb:

Live and learn fella... ;)

j = Bead profile of the wheel on most standard cars. Generally quoted after the width of the wheel.

ET = The abbreviation of the German word "Einpresstiefe". Translated means insertion depth. Basically the distance between the mounting hub and face of the wheel.

Tickle = Ask the wife of girlfriend as you have obviously lived a sheltered life... :grin:

C.

cableguy said:
j = Bead profile of the wheel on most standard cars. Generally quoted after the width of the wheel.

ET = The abbreviation of the German word "Einpresstiefe". Translated means insertion depth. Basically the distance between the mounting hub and face of the wheel.

Tickle = Ask the wife of girlfriend as you have obviously lived a sheltered life... :grin:

C.

.....every day a school day :oops:

oldnbold said:
infact NinjaPower has put 5mm spacers on his C2. So either the C4 has slightly different suspension or the Contisport tyres, which have a slightly rounded profile on the sidewall are the cause.
Keep in mind he ran 19s before, so his arches may well already have been rolled...

ch3tman said:
oldnbold said:
infact NinjaPower has put 5mm spacers on his C2. So either the C4 has slightly different suspension or the Contisport tyres, which have a slightly rounded profile on the sidewall are the cause.
Keep in mind he ran 19s before, so his arches may well already have been rolled...

Yes that had occurred to me, I'm still at a loss as to why they rub, as cableguy pointed out in theory the Veloce wheels only project out an extra 6mm.

I've booked the car in now at a recommended local body shop to have the arches rolled slightly, just hope they can do it without breaking the paint which is always a possibility. :eek:

A little heat around the arch prior to rolling is a good idea and one i'm sure the bodyshop will know about.

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back