Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone moved from a Turbo to a C4S?

I went from a turbo to a plain C4 and much prefer my C4. However I'm a big fan of NA cars and didn't really gel with the turbo over the year I had it- on sale day I walked away without even looking back. Think I may cry when C4 goes!

apollokre1d said:
....You won't reach or get anywhere near the limits on a C4S on normal roads anyway so I personally would not change.

*Cough* Must try harder! I've reached, and over-stepped the 'road' limits in my Turbo on many occasions where the space has allowed.

Martian said:
apollokre1d said:
....You won't reach or get anywhere near the limits on a C4S on normal roads anyway so I personally would not change.

*Cough* Must try harder! I've reached, and over-stepped the 'road' limits in my Turbo on many occasions where the space has allowed.
Hehe I was referring to the OP😉

Martian said:
T8 said:
..."You can drive a Turbo like a Carrera but when conditions allow you can't drive a Carrera like a Turbo"...

I'd rather have the power and not need it than needing the power but not having it.....

:D

+1 here here Martian. Well said

The power of a turbo even in standard form is addictive. fWIW I think you will miss the turbo and its sense of of occasion.....stick with it man

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I am going to try a NA car this week and take it from there. Your right in that the feeling of knowing the power is there when you need it is probably what adds to that sense of occasion whether I use it or not.

Part of my thinking also probably comes from the fact that my car history has mainly been in driving NA cars either 6 or 8 cylinder and always enjoyed having to rev them high to get the power out of them.

thebig25 said:
I went from a turbo to a plain C4 and much prefer my C4. However I'm a big fan of NA cars and didn't really gel with the turbo over the year I had it- on sale day I walked away without even looking back. Think I may cry when C4 goes!

It was actually when I saw your particular car for sale mate that I realised how good non-turbo cars can also look and is one of the things that has got me thinking of this as a possibility. I blame you :lol:

I have a 996T and 996C2.

Took the Turbo to Germany. Ideal for long cruises. Super comfy and just shy of 300 kilometers per hour on the autobahn. Fantastic down the roads in the black forest and the boring country roads of Belgium.

Locally, on roads around Shropshire/Wales, I usually take the C2 out. It is less expensive, (if anything goes wrong), handles superbly, gives me plenty of power for a fun drive and is slimmer and lighter down the country roads. I enjoy the drive, but the overtaking is not the same, but the manual box is very engaging and makes up for some of the loss of power.

Both totally different cars. Likely to keep the Turbo, both as an investment (still less than 50k miles) and for the enjoyable driving experience. That said, there was a C4S on the Germany trip and that sounded great and went quite well, not turbo speeds, but still a great motor.

Hope that helps, a little.

BlackTurbo said:
thebig25 said:

It was actually when I saw your particular car for sale mate that I realised how good non-turbo cars can also look and is one of the things that has got me thinking of this as a possibility. I blame you :lol:

Sorry about that! In all the flavours I think the 996 is criminally underrated, and there isn't really a bad pick amongst them :thumb:

TJW964 said:
I have a 996T and 996C2.

Took the Turbo to Germany. Ideal for long cruises. Super comfy and just shy of 300 kilometers per hour on the autobahn. Fantastic down the roads in the black forest and the boring country roads of Belgium.

Locally, on roads around Shropshire/Wales, I usually take the C2 out. It is less expensive, (if anything goes wrong), handles superbly, gives me plenty of power for a fun drive and is slimmer and lighter down the country roads. I enjoy the drive, but the overtaking is not the same, but the manual box is very engaging and makes up for some of the loss of power.

Both totally different cars. Likely to keep the Turbo, both as an investment (still less than 50k miles) and for the enjoyable driving experience. That said, there was a C4S on the Germany trip and that sounded great and went quite well, not turbo speeds, but still a great motor.

Hope that helps, a little.

Thanks very insightful along with some of the other posts. I just don't do many long drives in the Turbo at all which is where most say you get the most from it. So have made my mind up in that I will let the market decide for me. Going to pop the Turbo up for sale to see if there is a buyer for it over the next fortnight otherwise will stick with it as it certainly brings a massive smile to my face every occasion I drive it and as others have suggested I don't expect it to fall much in value if I do keep a hold of it.

Popped the Turbo onto fleabay to test the water.

Will see how the market is and take it from there. Didnt mention that I would consider a C4S in px in the advert as I assume with somewhere like ebay it will open the flood gates with px offers for a vauxhall corsa and a can of baked beans. :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back