Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New C2 owner on-board and ecstatic.

madda

After looking far and wide for a 997, viewing a few which weren't up to scratch and walking away from one which I regretted, this came up locally, I rushed to view and spent hours inspecting it with a knowledgeable friend. I didn't intend to go aircooled but it feels so right.

To secure it was a bit of a race. A well known dealership in the South West have sold it before and they were calling when I viewed and people were still trying to guzump me in the few days it took me to sort collection. Lucky for me the seller was a great guy who stuck to his word.

Anyway, I have now had it a few days and whenever it's been dry, I have been driving it! It's such a nice experience, not fast, but brisk and it feels special and exclusive without being garish.

With my other cars, it has been great to get involved with a forum and I have been told this is the place to go :). I have actually been registered for a while, but until now I only looked at the classifieds...

Some pics:

Where is the best place on here to look for upcoming club events? I will be at Bath Classic next weekend but have already committed to taking the 240z. That said, I will be sure to hunt down the aircooled cars that are there and say hello :)

Congrats on the purchase and first post. :thumb:

Car looks great. Manual or Tip, VR or NVR and what's the spec, mileage etc.?

Plenty of info on the forum and i'm sure the Southern Illuminati will point you in the right direction for upcoming meetings and events.

C.

Lovely car and welcome, I think you made a great move going aircooled :thumb: , something you won't regret.

Trev

Looks stunning and think 100% right move over 997.
Well done :thumb:

nice one and welcome

That is a great looking car and looks very original with the ambers on it.

Aircooleds and 993's in particular have a habit of getting under the skin in a way other cars just don't.

I'm not surprised you are so pleased with your choice as you get to know the car.

Beautiful. Congratulations.

There's a big meeting at Donington coming up http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118123

The official club bookings are closed now I believe, but 911uk towers may have some of their allocation remaining.

Look forward to seeing it!

Looks a great car. I'm sure Cameron would have been keen to flip it.

I'm not far from you, but don't get out and about in the 993 half as much as I should.

Shows etc tend to all be outside of the SW so you have to make a trip for them.

Welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing more detail on the car. We 993 boys like detail. Enjoy

madda said:
when I viewed and people were still trying to guzump me

George :?:

Welcome aboard chum. Illuminati membership will no doubt be in touch :grin:

Zingari said:
madda said:
when I viewed and people were still trying to guzump me

George :?:

:floor:

Exactly what I was thinking :grin:

:welcome:

That's one hell of a garage...and some pics of that rocket in the background wouldn't go amiss :worship:

:thumb:

That looks very nice indeed. Welcome to the forum.

Any little jobs or upgrades planned?

Welcome to the joys of 993 ownership. Don't forget you will soon grow a beard, own an anorak and the swear jar will be full from you saying "the last of the air-cooled 911s".

The Dragonmeister said:
Welcome to the joys of 993 ownership. Don't forget you will soon grow a beard, own an anorak and the swear jar will be full from you saying "the last of the air-cooled 911s".

Sandals with socks may also start sounding like a good idea.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back