Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997.1 C2S

Martian said:
I like the colour, why wrap it, looks good as it is.
+1 ...looks fantastic! Keep the photos coming :)

Lovely,mileage as is if it was mine.

small update, got my new tyres fitted over the weekend, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, after my old super cup had very little profile left and made me feel a bit umcomfortable in the wet.

also took some pictures as the weather was nice today

next near-term projects:
-wrap to Satin Dark Grey (happy to hear any suggestions!)
-alloys in black
-rear window tint
-tubi muffler + cargraphics 200c cat (still doing a bit of research on line, but think i will stay with tubi)
-zunsport grills

optional projects i.e. less priority at the moment
-wheel spacers
-new black 991 project style headlights (although i would want the the inner ring tinted)
-smoked rear lights
-new upholstered steering wheel, gear know and handbrake (can't decide between leather or alcantara)

Unsure
-rss semi solid engine mounts
-FF SSK

8mRxJwq.jpg

CHv9Wvz.jpg

W3XoCo6.jpg

I would leave the bodywork and wheels alone, it looks great.

:yeah:

Looks stunning as is. If it ain't broke.....

They can always sound better though, so that's where I'd be focussing my attention\money.

Thanks for the positive comments, i have thought long about the colour (maybe too long) but I would love for the car to "pop out" a bit more, i can always change it back.

if it was basalt black, i would definitely keep it as it (i have also though about respray as i am generally more a fan of "real" paint, but that would probably cost more than double the wrap)

Looks cracking.... and great wheels too... :thumbs:

Missed the early part of this thread so it was good to read it with the update.hear are my thoughts for what they are worth.

Semisolid engine mounts
I had rennline on my 997.1 which did add a little NVH but it was worth it for the improved handling of the car it sat low and flat into bends.
What I am exploring at the moment for my new gen2 is using OE gt3rs engine mounts I am hearing they are harder than stock but without the NVH I am still gathering data at the moment but seem like they might be a great option and worth you looking into.
Sound
My new gen 2 has full cargraphic race exhaust and is very supercar sounding IMO with huge pops and bangs on overrun.worth you looking at something like fabspeed muffler delete pipes loud fun and no cels etc as its after the cats. ,I have just sold a set.
Colour
It looks great as it is I have always liked that metallic green if you want something try adding a contrast colour to the lower door mirrors and some graphics on the door bottoms as I did with my gen1 , dont wrap it you will spend £1500/2k and be disappointed at how cheap and chavy it looks.
the black or anthersite alloy sounds great
dont just tint the rears in privacy looks much nicer if you do everything except the windscreen in 15% tint and :cop: shoudnt pull you with it ,I have had it on my cars for 4 years no issues .
spacers are a great idea to get the stance better along with lowering but dont slam it .
SSK
just looking at this myself on my new gen2 is has a D911 ssk on it which I would think is the same as the cheapy ones , quite notchy, very short ,hard to get in gear when cold and never gives confidence its in gear. I am just in the process of changing it to an OE gt3 shifter which is 15% shorter than stock but has metal bearings giving it a bolt action gear change and none of the lateral slop the cheapy SSKs have. the OE SSK is no better than the cheapy ones plastic bearings and a 35% shorter throw as the cheap ones are.
991 LIGHT UPGRADE
I am with you on this love the 4star and halo DRL but they are low on my list at 1K to buy
I have just added alcantara gear knob and gator, arm rest, handbreak rear section as the front is steel . I am just deciding what to do with the steering wheel but leaning to either alcantara or alcantara and carbon.
RE Carbon Dont wrap any bits pay the extra and get them carbon dipped far far better finish carbon wrap looks just what it is cheap . or get the actual carbon aftermarket parts but they can be pricey.
Grilles,
Have a look at rennline grilles they are a bit more money and effort to fit as the bumper has to come off to fit them , but they are so much nicer looking and more OE that zunsport that you can see the frame edge of when fitted and always look a bit wonky when fitted. but that is only my opinion .
Smoked rear lights
best option is dectane smoked led but nothing wrong with just tint film on the stock ones but again not too dark or you will look like a slammed corsa lol.

As I said these are just my opinions or things I have found out from modding these cars myself good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted.
let me know if you want some pics of my old or new one for ideas.
:thumb: :thumb:

Does the exhaust have 200 cell cats? If not, you might want to try that route.

Fitting them made a heck of an increase in the exhaust note and sound on my PSE although being the shy retiring type :grin: , I wouldn't want it any louder.

Without doubt the best mod I've done.

I wouldn't bother with a wrap or black alloys: I'd focus on the noise (the 200 cel sports cats should make a big difference) and the stance: some H+R lowering springs and some TPI spacers will make it sit better on the road.

And if you add some colour, like Phil997 successfully did, the car can stand out a little more. Porsche Racing Yellow would work with olive green. Just pick out some key parts and have them repainted. I did for example consider the intake slats in the bumper on my 9972, as I don't think the silvery plastic finish looks good against the rest of the car which is either white or black.

Thank you Phil!

Engine mounts - i think i am going with the rennline semi solid and see how i get on

sound - i have ordered the cargraphics 200 cell cat and tubi rear mufflers, will take around 4 weeks, can't wait to get them fitted!!!

lights - agree, very price, but my current standard lights, which i believe are the original that came with the car from factory, have become fairly milky/unclear in the center, so i think i should get new ones

colour - i think will still do it, just need to get it out of the system, if i dont like it i can always take it off again and think about a respray hehe

Phil 997 said:
Missed the early part of this thread so it was good to read it with the update.hear are my thoughts for what they are worth.

Semisolid engine mounts
I had rennline on my 997.1 which did add a little NVH but it was worth it for the improved handling of the car it sat low and flat into bends.
What I am exploring at the moment for my new gen2 is using OE gt3rs engine mounts I am hearing they are harder than stock but without the NVH I am still gathering data at the moment but seem like they might be a great option and worth you looking into.
Sound
My new gen 2 has full cargraphic race exhaust and is very supercar sounding IMO with huge pops and bangs on overrun.worth you looking at something like fabspeed muffler delete pipes loud fun and no cels etc as its after the cats. ,I have just sold a set.
Colour
It looks great as it is I have always liked that metallic green if you want something try adding a contrast colour to the lower door mirrors and some graphics on the door bottoms as I did with my gen1 , dont wrap it you will spend £1500/2k and be disappointed at how cheap and chavy it looks.
the black or anthersite alloy sounds great
dont just tint the rears in privacy looks much nicer if you do everything except the windscreen in 15% tint and :cop: shoudnt pull you with it ,I have had it on my cars for 4 years no issues .
spacers are a great idea to get the stance better along with lowering but dont slam it .
SSK
just looking at this myself on my new gen2 is has a D911 ssk on it which I would think is the same as the cheapy ones , quite notchy, very short ,hard to get in gear when cold and never gives confidence its in gear. I am just in the process of changing it to an OE gt3 shifter which is 15% shorter than stock but has metal bearings giving it a bolt action gear change and none of the lateral slop the cheapy SSKs have. the OE SSK is no better than the cheapy ones plastic bearings and a 35% shorter throw as the cheap ones are.
991 LIGHT UPGRADE
I am with you on this love the 4star and halo DRL but they are low on my list at 1K to buy
I have just added alcantara gear knob and gator, arm rest, handbreak rear section as the front is steel . I am just deciding what to do with the steering wheel but leaning to either alcantara or alcantara and carbon.
RE Carbon Dont wrap any bits pay the extra and get them carbon dipped far far better finish carbon wrap looks just what it is cheap . or get the actual carbon aftermarket parts but they can be pricey.
Grilles,
Have a look at rennline grilles they are a bit more money and effort to fit as the bumper has to come off to fit them , but they are so much nicer looking and more OE that zunsport that you can see the frame edge of when fitted and always look a bit wonky when fitted. but that is only my opinion .
Smoked rear lights
best option is dectane smoked led but nothing wrong with just tint film on the stock ones but again not too dark or you will look like a slammed corsa lol.

As I said these are just my opinions or things I have found out from modding these cars myself good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted.
let me know if you want some pics of my old or new one for ideas.
:thumb: :thumb:

Yep, ordered the cargraphics sports cat together with a tubi exhaust without any valve controls :thumb:

CarreraMonkey said:
Does the exhaust have 200 cell cats? If not, you might want to try that route.

Fitting them made a heck of an increase in the exhaust note and sound on my PSE although being the shy retiring type :grin: , I wouldn't want it any louder.

Without doubt the best mod I've done.

MaxA said:
I wouldn't bother with a wrap or black alloys: I'd focus on the noise (the 200 cel sports cats should make a big difference) and the stance: some H+R lowering springs and some TPI spacers will make it sit better on the road.

And if you add some colour, like Phil997 successfully did, the car can stand out a little more. Porsche Racing Yellow would work with olive green. Just pick out some key parts and have them repainted. I did for example consider the intake slats in the bumper on my 9972, as I don't think the silvery plastic finish looks good against the rest of the car which is either white or black.

i must admit that i am bit hesitant with decals, not because i don't like them, but the car is parked overnight on the street, and i think if i go too crazy, it might attract some unwanted attention. if i had a garage where the car would be safely secured, i would probably try something more exotic like the martini wrap or even "build" a 997R (GT3 kit without wing, GT4 alloys and the two stripes :D )

I would also keep the colour.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back