Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3, DP says yes....Update

Kryton said:
Production date from P is now 15 Sept :weed: :sad:

But looking on the bright side at least I'm getting a car :yes:

Good stuff...you'll get the car 5-6 weeks later.

Time sure is going slow!!!! :weed: :weed:

The frustrating bit will ultimately be when the car finally turns up, it'll be well
into the Autumn and the long summer evenings will be fast drawing to a close.
Just a tip...if there is any further delay and the car doesn't surface till the end
of November, i'd be doing my level best to get the OPC to register it in January
as it will markedly affect the residual value ( I know because I've been there !).
I realise that you'll be frothing at the bit...especially over Xmas !.I certainly
was when I was awaiting the registration of my then new Gen 2 997 GT3....
I wangled it that I paid for the car before Xmas (it had been sitting at the
dealer for three weeks) and they agreed to register it on Jan 4th. :grin:

nick w said:
The frustrating bit will ultimately be when the car finally turns up, it'll be well
into the Autumn and the long summer evenings will be fast drawing to a close.
Just a tip...if there is any further delay and the car doesn't surface till the end
of November, i'd be doing my level best to get the OPC to register it in January
as it will markedly affect the residual value ( I know because I've been there !).
I realise that you'll be frothing at the bit...especially over Xmas !.I certainly
was when I was awaiting the registration of my then new Gen 2 997 GT3....
I wangled it that I paid for the car before Xmas (it had been sitting at the
dealer for three weeks) and they agreed to register it on Jan 4th. :grin:

Was this a big issue? I have car arriving Nov/Dec but won't use it till March so will OPC not wait till 1 March to register the car?

Horses for courses and all that...

My car was forecast for late October and it turned up first week of December
and I elected to register it in January, that's it. When I moved the car on that
decision handed me a chunk of extra money that I wouldn't have had if the
car had been registered in December.

These days, as soon as a car arrives, Porsche want to have it registered as
soon as possible...especially GT cars. I wanted to pull the same trick on my
second 991 RS...not possible though .

nick w said:
Horses for courses and all that...

My car was forecast for late October and it turned up first week of December
and I elected to register it in January, that's it. When I moved the car on that
decision handed me a chunk of extra money that I wouldn't have had if the
car had been registered in December.

Thanks for the heads up. Seems strange that they may baulk at not registering the car when the owner wants to register it

nick w said:

Yes I understand that's how it is now :frustrated:

I get the impression that the OPC's in the UK are pretty dickish about every little thing. Is that actually the case?

I've had absolutely no problems ordering a GT3 here in Saudi. They've actually been really supportive. Which is quite understandable when you're spending this kind of money.

Kryton said:
nick w said:

Yes I understand that's how it is now :frustrated:

My Cayenne arrived at the dealer in Jan....picked it up in March. Wife's Boxster is due at the OPC in November....OPC has said if we want to take delivery in January that will be fine. They didn't ask for it but I did pay for the Cayenne in early Feb. Money's earning F. All in the bank so cost me ***** all. Flip side was when I bought my 997 GTS they wanted it done by the end of the month which I was happy to do but didn't take delivery for another couple of weeks "bill and hold" as they called it.

Maybe I am lucky but I have to say the OPC I deal with has the best customer service across all the departments i.e. sales/parts/service of any car dealer I've ever dealt with.

I think spec/colour, mileage, no. of owners matter more than registration year personally on something like a GT3 especially the older a car gets.

Anyone know where I can purchase GT3 small door decals, my lock down is in 3 weeks and nothing offered on the configurater yet!!

Kryton said:
Anyone know where I can purchase GT3 small door decals, my lock down is in 3 weeks and nothing offered on the configurater yet!!

Ask your sales contact...they are a whole array of "Porsche Exclusive" options available that aren't on the configurator. Door decals are one og them...though I think typically the P O R S C H E ones.

Thanks for that :thumb:

Does anyone know if you can get an indoor cover for the GT3? Tried to contact 4 different dealers with absolutely no joy.

Yes It's on the Config price £200 :)

Edit, if it's a new order that is?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back