Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tidy Strip OCD

MidWansbeck

The run out to Dinslaken in April has rekindled my OCD so now motivated to get on with a few basic jobs. First up is fitting a tidy strip to the engine sound insulation. There are plenty of threads (both here and Rennlist) about this, with different suppliers. I used [email protected] for mine, cost incl shipping was Euro 95.50. I've noticed the cost has been creeping up but reckoned this was a good kit, well packaged and did the job...better than me trying to make my own at any rate. Anyone doing this I'd recommend following Instruction No 1: Put a dust sheet over the engine to stop fixings dropping into it. I didn't...10 mins of rummaging and skinned knuckles later and I was super lucky to find the little plastic fixing! Here's some pics...

Next will be new bonnet struts...

Attachments

• tidy3_128.jpg
    tidy3_128.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 4,698
  • tidy1_146.jpg
    tidy1_146.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 4,698
  • tidy2_207.jpg
    tidy2_207.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 4,698
:hand: You should have been at Dinslaken last year chum. You could have observed the 993 Illuminati members caught like a moth to a flame all over the stall whilst I was distracted in Trap 1 :what:

All he had left when I got the tip off was a 'gloss' plastic one. Naturally I didn't want to feel left out so had to buy one :oops:

Ahh yes i organised a group buy of these recently for slightly less. Price has crept up by about 30 euros due to the cost of the carbon manufacturing.

Well worth it though and makes the whole area look cleaner!

:thumbs:

MidWansbeck said:
The run out to Dinslaken in April ................................

Aha, this was yours. :thumb:

You got me T8..! Hope you guys had a good run back home.

That looks like Wibbles old car.

Well spotted Ghengis...I took it on from him about 4 years ago now, it was sitting very cosily in Blaydon. Done a bit since then...paint on minor rust spots, glass out to get at one or two around the screens. Well worth it as they would have caused trouble down the line, but caught early. Same deal with the wings. Generally all pretty sound. Tom Ferguson did some engine work last year, new oil seals and tinware plus new clutch too. Gearbox went off to Strasse Leeds for a new 3rd gear syncro ring. This year I'll be getting the seats refurbed and am considering swapping the RS style air scoops (which do nothing) back to fogs...but not sure yet as I like the look of it as it is, even if unoriginal...

Scoops v Fogs...aesetics

Scoops...which don't do anything on my car but look good IMO....or fogs? That is the question!

Attachments

• studio_20170615_000855_106.png
    studio_20170615_000855_106.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 4,238

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back