Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help - wWth my 997

SamUK said:
Martian said:
A 'very common' issue? I've not heard of it before.

If it's been to five garages for rectification, how would I as a buyer be convinced it can be fixed?

Feel for your predicament, but you need to find time to get it fixed or you'll never sell it.

I'm surprised that the garages mentioned couldn't find the problem, maybe Demort on here can offer some advice.

*** CALLING DEMORT ***

Been speaking to Demort.. over the last few months..

Just spoke to Ken again..he also suggested we buy any car..they valued the car @ 14500 -

Also convinced the misfire does not not happen on a full tank of fuel..so will get it filled up.. and check again..

this - wbac- as fast as possible!!
No such thing as a cheap 911.....

rob_p said:
SamUK said:
Martian said:
A 'very common' issue? I've not heard of it before.

If it's been to five garages for rectification, how would I as a buyer be convinced it can be fixed?

Feel for your predicament, but you need to find time to get it fixed or you'll never sell it.

I'm surprised that the garages mentioned couldn't find the problem, maybe Demort on here can offer some advice.

*** CALLING DEMORT ***

Been speaking to Demort.. over the last few months..

Just spoke to Ken again..he also suggested we buy any car..they valued the car @ 14500 -

Also convinced the misfire does not not happen on a full tank of fuel..so will get it filled up.. and check again..

this - wbac- as fast as possible!!
No such thing as a cheap 911.....

Funny u say that...iv had calls for my exhaust and wheels I am selling...and the owners have owed there 997's for years..and said they have not had any issues...

So..i filled up with fuel..and no mis-fire..

Cars fine...no low revs..

SamUK said:
So..i filled up with fuel..and no mis-fire..

Cars fine...no low revs..

Drive straight to wbac, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

+1 Nigel

Yes funny...lol.

Anyway...engines not broke....had this checked out by another indi
Anyway cars now sold..

I'm done with the 911 ownership...moving to a rs6 next...2 years old with warranty..

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with ownership, like the guy that's bought your car may have when the rms rips the engine to shreds.

There are so many great cars out there compared to lemons, so hopefully you'll be back in a 911 at some point. If you do, don't forget to get a ppi done :thumb:

Thanks guys..i have the b7 rs4 - and already bored of it..

moving out of London soon..getting tempted to sell it as i need to put a big deposit down..and stick to the 535 for a while..

would love a RS6 - feel maintenance will be allot...

What year is the C7 RS6?

Been driving my brother F10 M5 - and it is just awesome little too much power traction control keeps kicking in

SamUK said:
Thanks guys..i have the b7 rs4 - and already bored of it..

moving out of London soon..getting tempted to sell it as i need to put a big deposit down..and stick to the 535 for a while..

would love a RS6 - feel maintenance will be allot...

What year is the C7 RS6?

Been driving my brother F10 M5 - and it is just awesome little too much power traction control keeps kicking in

Current model 2013 on I think. Facelift in 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back