Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going to bring detailing products to simply porsche

KJD said:
So Monkey and I brought along some different products to try and carry out some small scale comparisons.
The car was in direct sunlight , not ideal so we did some work on a door shut and rear wheel arch which on a 4s is considerable.
They were all quality items and each brought something slightly different to the table .
I think we concluded that the overall visually it was difficult to split them apart although they could well offer different levels of longevity and protection.
I think we agreed that a good wax is a good wax but the finish really is down to preparation as we observed a noticeable visual improvement on a car that had already been detailed.

For the record my products use were

Gtechnic P1 polish.
Swissvax Onyx
Fourthwax summer
Dodo juice Hard Candy
Autoperfect Nano wax
Autoperfect glaze.

I'm sure Matt will be along and give his views.
:thumb:

Agree completely With all the above Kev. The finish was really hard to distinguish, but all were miles better than the cloudy finish already on the car.

Interestingly, Phil's favourite was Oblivion, which was probably the cheapest, although definitely a decent quality. I think he deserved the pot of it after letting us mess around with products on his car. :wink:

Products used by me on Phil's car was Blackfire midnight sun and midnights sun spray over the top of the gtech polish and Wax planet oblivion over the top of their pre wax cleanser.

I used Blackfire Black ice over the top of Blackfire gloss enhancing polish on Jezgreen's car.

Was it the Oblivion that you recommended to me (for a silver car)? I'm sure you said that it was about £15 for a pot and made by two blokes in Sheffield or something! lol...

Kev , Monkey, really appreciate you guys working on my car ,I was paying attention despite getting distracted by pretty women (quite a lot lol) what I learned from the demo was.
A/ I was impressed at the increased shine and depth on a car that had received a £160 detail by a professional only the day before :eek: Which gives some indication to the prep and quality of products used what had been used the day before was Bouncers "check the fleck "
B/ I now understand the differences between canuba and hybrid products and what the pros and cons of each are.
C/ Its not just about the final wax coat but about the quality of the polish applied first that gives the deep wet look shine.
D/ One of the AiB girls definitely has implants :grin: :grin:
So all in all a very good lesson , Now who is going to detail the rest of the car as it now looks like its had a spanked arse and is really shiney on one rear cheek. :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
Kev , Monkey, really appreciate you guys working on my car ,I was paying attention despite getting distracted by pretty women (quite a lot lol) what I learned from the demo was.
A/ I was impressed at the increased shine and depth on a car that had received a £160 detail by a professional only the day before :eek: Which gives some indication to the prep and quality of products used what had been used the day before was Bouncers "check the fleck "
B/ I now understand the differences between canuba and hybrid products and what the pros and cons of each are.
C/ Its not just about the final wax coat but about the quality of the polish applied first that gives the deep wet look shine.
So all in all a very good lesson , Now who is going to detail the rest of the car as it now looks like its had a spanked arse and is really shiney on one rear cheek. :floor: :floor: :floor:

Shouldn't D be double D in this case lol

That Aqua blue is just itching to pop what a gorgeous colour

:Dance-Tap:

Halcyon said:
Was it the Oblivion that you recommended to me (for a silver car)? I'm sure you said that it was about £15 for a pot and made by two blokes in Sheffield or something! lol...

Yep! That's wax planet.

I gave Phil the oblivion, but you can try one of their other products. Iwax or white noise. White noise might be fun on a silver car but take your pick, pm me your address and I'll post it down.

Phil 997 said:

I get the feeling one of us was having more fun than the rest of us... :lol:

And Kevs right. Aqua must be one of the best colours available on a Porsche.

CarreraMonkey said:
Halcyon said:

Yep! That's wax planet.

I gave Phil the oblivion, but you can try one of their other products. Iwax or white noise. White noise might be fun on a silver car but take your pick, pm me your address and I'll post it down.

Brilliant! Thank you - PM sent :worship:

CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:

Thanks Kev and Matt You have both inspired me to find someone to really go to town with a detail and get the best out of the aqua then let my local regular Guy just keep on top of it (The detailing not the AiB girls) :grin:

see the pics in todays rain, they all seem to bead pretty much the same as far as I could tell , you guys might see a difference. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1604_205.jpg
    img_1604_205.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 5,458
  • img_1605_528.jpg
    img_1605_528.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 5,458
"I get the feeling one of us was having more fun than the rest of us... :lol: "

No Matt honestly I think you and Kev were having pretty much the same amount of fun .

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: 8) :)

KJD said:
Phil 997 said:

Shouldn't D be double D in this case lol

That Aqua blue is just itching to pop what a gorgeous colour

:Dance-Tap:

:grin: :grin: :grin: like that Kev :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:

Thanks Kev and Matt You have both inspired me to find someone to really go to town with a detail and get the best out of the aqua then let my local regular Guy just keep on top of it (The detailing not the AiB girls) :grin:

see the pics in todays rain, they all seem to bead pretty much the same as far as I could tell , you guys might see a difference. :thumb:

That's because Kev wiped all three off with polish and did the whole area with nano wax to get rid of the stripes.

CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:

That's because Kev wiped all three off with polish and did the whole area with nano wax to get rid of the stripes.

Ah, good point :grin: I might have been distracted at that stage :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back