Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Headunit install retaining MOST/BOSE output.

Nethers66

Following on from this thread

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120680&highlight=adapter

I decided to order a MOST Adapter from AUTOAUX.com.

I didn't want a fancy disco headunit as originality is my preferred option, I also didn't want to removed the MOST/BOSE Amplifier/Speakers as this is cost prohibitive.

I found a Continental Headunit CDD7418UB-OR with FM/AM/LW, DAB, CD, AUXin, Bluetooth Phone and audio streaming, USB. from

https://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/products/car-audio/dab-radios/continental-cdd7418ub-or.html

Following an exchange of emails with Tore at Bergvillfx Electronics who I have to say is extremely knowledgeable about Audio & the Porsche System, he offered to make a custom harness to connect the original ISO connectors, the MOST Adapter, to the Continental Headunit.

I've installed the kit today.

Before original CDR-23

Original MOST Adapter

BergvillFX custom harness connected to MOST Adapter

The two loose wires for the 12v and Illumination are connected to the Cigarette lighter harness and the Climate control unit full clear instructions and connectors were supplied by BergvillFX.

Connect the ISO connectors, the phone microphone, DAB Aerial to the windscreen

All finished and looking pretty original

Added RCA to 3.5mm Jack cable and routed it to the bottom cubby hole for iPhone/ipod connection.

Oh and the sound is pretty dam good, considering the MOST adapter is converting optical to analogue sound.

Pretty easy install, custom harness from BergvillFX is excellent quality and works.

I'm happy, I've got DAB, aux in for my iPod and bluetooth phone etc for less than £400.

The custom harness isn't on the BergvillFX site yet, but if you email Tore i'm sure he can help out.

Excellent write up and the head unit looks great.

Certainly an option worthy of consideration.

:thumb:

Leigh, I am impressed of your installation. Thanks for your kind cooperation in this!
Cheers,
Tore

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back