Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Torn between late 996 and early 997

kevinbuckley70 said:
I've never driven a 997 so I can't comment on the quality of the drive. But I listen to lots of music and audiobooks when I'm driving and a downside of the 996 'media' system is that it is pre-Bluetooth and the inbuilt satnav is out of date (forever I suspect)

The PCM 2.1 in the 997.1 has the same limitations if it makes you feel any better :)

Closure

For people reading this expecting to see the final decision...

I bought a low mileage 997.2 3.6 with PDK

Re: Closure

997man said:
For people reading this expecting to see the final decision...

I bought a low mileage 997.2 3.6 with PDK

:thumb:
Good decision & one which 'most' would have wrote "if you can extend the budget to a 997.2". Any photos, spec and where you finally purchased it from?

As a final question, what steered you to a 997.2? Was it to have more security in terms of reliability?

+1.

Photo's and spec here (From when I had a panic attack, not for sale at the moment) - http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=7072

Bought from Brooklands OPCish (I'm not a big fan - a story for another day)

Went for the 2 years of Porsche Warranty, PDK and reliability factor.

Overall that's not a bad price if you got the full 2yrs warranty (or just the remainder till next year).

A bit undecided at first glance being a first on an 08, but upon reflection 40k, nice options, unmolested by silly aftermarket parts, OPC 111 approved. So yes, it's a good purchase. To have bought it through an OPC you would have had to dug a bit deeper into the wallet.

Absolutely there should be no 'have I done the right thing' running through your mind. It's a honest car as far as I can make reading the literature. Polish it, fill it with fuel and enjoy :thumb:

If you're buying for image/prestige, I'd get a 997.1 C2.

If you're buying for investment, I'd get a vanilla 1998 996.1 manual in blue.

I have a 996.2 C4 and it's neither one or the another so I'll probably move it on after the Summer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back