Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sprint Booster Gen 2 for 911 996

Graeme Shaw

Sprint Booster Gen 2 removed from Porsche 911 996 Turbo, but will fit all Porsche 996 911 models and some other models!

I had this on my tiptronic car and it was excellent!
It basically does what the "sport" button does on later Porsche models and reduces the throttle response, making the car more responsive. It works particularly well on tip tronic models which are known to have a bit of a "lazy" box.

It has 3 modes, off, green and red (see full details below) but I usually had it on the green mode and it made a huge difference. Have a look on the forums and you will most people agree that its an excellent mod! And takes 2 mins to fit and is invisible so looks oem.

Was £190 new and ive only had it on the car for about 12 months

£65 inc shipping!

Lastest Generation 2 switchable type Sprint Booster which provides 3 modes
DO NOT CONFUSE WITH OLDER MODEL
Program No Light: Sprint Booster deactivated
Program Green Light: Improved response - Smooth driving
Program Red Light: Improved response - Aggressive driving

Sprint booster roundabout
This is a common problem with modern vehicles, you come to a roundabout, and there's a gap so you accelerate and for a split second nothing happens, then suddenly your car heads for the oncoming car only for you to press the brake and wait for a bigger gap, not a pleasant experience. It's this delay that frustrates drivers, well now there is a solution, the Sprint Booster.

An ingenious device, which allows you to accelerate and move at your command on drive-by-wire cars by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal, providing the ECM (Electronic Control Module) with a new and improved signal

IN CAR CONTROL

Optional swich allows you to flick between smooth, sharp and factory settings. All at the push of a button.

EXTREME RESPONSE

At low revs, the engine responds in approximately half the time compared to before.

ZERO DELAY

The delay time whilst accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear and the engine in the mide-range is almost zero.

IMPROVED SAFETY

Big difference in the higher rev range | Improved response for downshifts and safer overtaking | Overall safety and more fun on the road!

EASY INSTALLATION

The Sprint Booster is especially easy to fit. It simply plugs into the throttle peddle of your vehicle.

HOW IT WORKS

Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. This makes your car 'feel' more powerful because a given pedal input produces greater throttle opening. This is especially evident in the low to mid rpm range where most cars spend their time on the street.

Sprint Booster simply modifies the throttle signal between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body. Big deal right? Keep in mind, this is the same concept as the 'throttle pulley' modification on cable based throttle systems - which was very popular in its time. It doesn't add horsepower, but makes the throttle more sensitive and makes the car 'feel' faster.

It doesn't matter if you have a Sport Mode, ECU software, or 'Chip' on your car, Sprint Booster works independently of other modifications. It simply makes the throttle more sensitive, making the car 'feel' faster.

Is Sprint Booster for everyone? Of course not, no performance product ever is. If you have a track car where you spend most of your time near redline, Sprint Booster is not for you - Sprint Booster benefits are felt in the low to mid pedal travel. Some people don't like the fact that Sprint Booster reaches full throttle before full pedal travel - if you routinely mash the throttle to the floor, Sprint Booster may not be for you.

Sprint Booster is most effective in the low to mid rpm range, which is where most 'street' cars are driven on a daily basis. Yes, you may need to adjust your driving style after installing Sprint Booster - but that is a short learning curve. Sprint Booster will put the 'fun' back into your daily drive.

Sprint Booster is simple but effective - it makes the car more responsive and thus more 'fun'!

Sprint Booster installs in minutes, and is easily removable. Plug-n-Play performance!

Just try it! Make your daily drive more 'fun'.

I Think I've sent you a pm if not please pm me as I didn't get any confirmation

No pm from you but just sent you one!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back