Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche to crack down on flipping profits

bakerboy4s said:
Talking to sales exec at OPC Sutton re 991 RS, they took 35 deposits but were allocated just 5, so demand is there, why not production?

They took all the deposits but were they ever going to get 35 cars? Doubt it.

Did anything happen to the OPC that was successfully sued by an unhappy customer when they sold "his" car to someone else?

Another thing they could fix is this daft process of allocating cars to a dealership.

If you allocate 300 cars to a country then just let them be allocated on a first come basis via whichever dealership has the requisite footfall. It would stop this nonsense of having to ring around on the off chance.

With any luck Porsche will keep making yet another GT car which will be better than the last so at some point some of the earlier cars which are not being driven will ultimately be sold on for others to enjoy.

Having it's cars treated as collector items does Porsche no favours at all as they then have precious little data coming back on how they perform in the real world.

Anyhow just my thoughts

Too busy they got whacked about £35k and had to pay costs and losses, an OPC In greater Manchester.

What a complete load of tosh from the manufacturer. If Porsche AG want them to be driven then put them into production and put a sensible price tag on them that the general public can buy and use them as a daily drive.

What's wrong with car flippers, make £250k profit on a single buy and sell transaction. That's good business acumen isn't it. I'd do it in a heart beat, for that sort of profit, wouldn't everybody else :grin:

My DP told me that if I didn't hang on to my future GT3 for a year, Porsche would black list me, -not sure if that was bluff or not but I wouldn't dream of fliping it and intend to use it :drive:

As there are a few of you on here who have a got a slot for a GT3 - do you know why you got a slot?

Is it a case of name down for ageas or have you bought other new cars from them over the years?

By way of example, my local BMW dealer reckons you had to have spent a great deal of money on new cars in the the quite recent past to have been put forward for an M4 GTS DTM Champion Edition.

I kind of get that - is it basically the same with Porsche?

tim993 said:
As there are a few of you on here who have a got a slot for a GT3 - do you know why you got a slot?

Is it a case of name down for ageas or have you bought other new cars from them over the years?

By way of example, my local BMW dealer reckons you had to have spent a great deal of money on new cars in the the quite recent past to have been put forward for an M4 GTS DTM Champion Edition.

I kind of get that - is it basically the same with Porsche?

Its money, those with the most get the cars as evidenced through buying new cars through the dealership. Simple. A friend used to be a salesman for Porsche.

I kinda get that - good customers get the cars. Most on here (like me) would rock up with there deposit expect to get one (having not bought a brand new Porsche before) and then drive it around for 500 miles, then flip before the re-mortgaged payment comes out. I won't get one so I don't bother.

tim993 said:

Bought a few new 911's and Macan's, sometimes 2 cars at once orderd.

It's all about how good a customer you've been at your particular OPC.

I'm hoping to get one of the first 860's (Mac 720S competitor) when they're out :worship:

Kryton said:
My DP told me that if I didn't hang on to my future GT3 for a year, Porsche would black list me, -not sure if that was bluff or not but I wouldn't dream of fliping it and intend to use it :drive:

I suppose thats all their best customers black listed then? :D

They won't blacklist anyone - mate was trying to get the LE turbo s and the dealer actually wants the buyer to flip it in 6 months time so they get another sale out of it.

Nastymatt said:
They won't blacklist anyone - mate was trying to get the LE turbo s and the dealer actually wants the buyer to flip it in 6 months time so they get another sale out of it.

That's a rather good point, it's all sales driven not who's going to keep their vehicles. OPC's couldn't give a hoot. So long as the orders keep coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back