Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My miserable DANSK sport box experience - now RESULT!!!

My mechanic and I fitted my new Topgear back boxes tonight. At some point I'll do a write-up on them. But in the meantime, guess what happened when I came to remove my 3 year old DANSK sport boxes.

This is the passenger side - the one that hadn't failed on me (or so I thought):

20170530_202857_zpss739ggai.jpg

20170530_202906_zpsvj0zhi7x.jpg

Alex , dam good job you got shot of the dansk rubbish mate.

Great news Alex only just read the updated thread :thumb:
and I guess I have to grudgingly say well done that man Phil 997 ,top work Phil you are a credit to this forum as long as you are not in leather shorts :floor:

Is it fair to say that Dansk boxes are pretty poor quality and not worth having?

Well they're 3 years old and both boxes failed in exactly the same place. The brackets welded to the side of the boxes that hold the boxes to the car are made from a lot thinner material than the Topgear ones and they are harder to get in and out of the fitted location as they are much fatter and bigger than the Topgear ones and it's a tight squeeze between the bumper, wheel and engine when trying to get the boxes in there.

I just went on my indys advice and went for Supersprint

At least its sorted - :thumb:

What is wrong with original Porsche items? They appear to last for at least 15 years.

They're not as good sounding and eye watering on cost.

alex yates said:
They're not as good sounding and eye watering on cost.

But last forever. They do sound a bit pants though.....

alex yates said:
My mechanic and I fitted my new Topgear back boxes tonight. At some point I'll do a write-up on them. But in the meantime, guess what happened when I came to remove my 3 year old DANSK sport boxes.

This is the passenger side - the one that hadn't failed on me (or so I thought):

20170530_202906_zpsvj0zhi7x.jpg

3 years old and failed, what a load of rubbish :roll:

I think the original Porsche silencers are about £1k each atm .. somewhat over the top i think .

You wouldn,t belive how many of them we used to throw away when we fitted the sports exhaust .. i could cry these days .. i really could .

mzmini said:
Great news Alex only just read the updated thread :thumb:
and I guess I have to grudgingly say well done that man Phil 997 ,top work Phil you are a credit to this forum as long as you are not in leather shorts :floor:

:floor: :floor: Chris , I know you love me really :grin: see you at Simply mate :thumb:

Do Hayward and Scott do them?
My old 964T had an H&S silencer on it that still looked as good as new after at least 15 years on the car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back