Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Getting my 996 back as it should be!

Thanks wasz Albert Park, the story is the battery felt like it was dying on the remote(key) then it just stopped working tried a new battery and no change! I am interested in what you mentioned about reversing the battery, would be nice to think its something simple. Any chance of elaborating on this?

Thanks rob_p Hockenheim, I have ordered some fine steel wool and autosol from ebay, will give it a whirl with the tailpipes, will try and do some before and after pictures!

nfrasilver
Fast & Furious

Thanks going to try this will let you know how it goes

I have another query... I would like to change my CD player its a bit dated as I have mentioned before. Ideally I would like one of these systems that has a six inch screen with sat nav included, obviously on the 996 the space on the dash board will not accommodate a screen this size. Is there a way it can be fitted and looks good? Guess not but wanted to ask the question.

gmt said:
Thanks wasz Albert Park, the story is the battery felt like it was dying on the remote(key) then it just stopped working tried a new battery and no change! I am interested in what you mentioned about reversing the battery, would be nice to think its something simple. Any chance of elaborating on this?

3rd post down:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=637911

Theres a reset procedure to try, and then a last thing to try is reversing the battery which hard resets it or something.

gmt said:
I have another query... I would like to change my CD player its a bit dated as I have mentioned before. Ideally I would like one of these systems that has a six inch screen with sat nav included, obviously on the 996 the space on the dash board will not accommodate a screen this size. Is there a way it can be fitted and looks good? Guess not but wanted to ask the question.

You can convert the space from single din to double din to take an aftermarket device, I had PCM but changed it for a Kenwood touchscreen unit with Garmin and Bluetooth, 10 times better than the PCM was.

I have had a few radios in my 996s, however I've gone back to the becker as the chunky buttons are much more usable.

I have a cheap aux wire for it (£2 on eBay), and a bluetooth adapter plugged into that (£16 on amazon), thats all stashed away.

I just put my phone in a phone holder, the phone connects over bluetooth, I play tunes on the phone and use the phone sat nav.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back