Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche to crack down on flipping profits

Alex

Thats a bit the pot calling the kettle black is not :hand: does that mean we wont see the OPC selling second hand cars above list I don't think so

Gazc2 said:
Thats a bit the pot calling the kettle black is not :hand: does that mean we wont see the OPC selling second hand cars above list I don't think so

^^ ex fekken zactly ^^

They need to start with OPC's flogging GTxxx at £kkk overs!

Gazc2 said:

Agreed, and why is it you can't buy a new GT3 when that is not one of their LTD production cars?

Perhaps they should take a leaf out of Ferrari's dealership book?
Maranello control the supply of their cars and to whom and can black ball buyers who buy and sell on in a short time (outside of Ferrari dealerships).

Maranello still hikes up prices through their dealerships - prices of 430 and 455's are still very strong despite the arrival of the 488. Guys with 455's are hanging on to them because the cost of change to the 488 is simply
eye-watering expensive.

It seems to me that if Porsche actually want this to stop, they should blacklist the buyers of these flipped cars, and refuse to let the OPCs service, maintain or warrant them. That would kill the market stone dead. :eek:

This is just lip service to all the poor hurt souls who couldn't get their piece of the pie.

Yawn....

Ain't going to happen - too many dealers making too much money

I feel like I'm missing an important point here, but if there is demand, and these are not sold as 'limited edition' cars, why don't they make more of them?

MC

MisterCorn said:
I feel like I'm missing an important point here, but if there is demand, and these are not sold as 'limited edition' cars, why don't they make more of them?

MC

Would seem to be the easiest solution too! Cut out the middle man(dealer) where flipping is concerned - Porsche make more money and they have more happy customers....

mikeluke said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Would seem to be the easiest solution too! Cut out the middle man(dealer) where flipping is concerned - Porsche make more money and they have more happy customers....

They Operate off of a Just in time model, so whether the forecast is for a C2 Or a GT3, it should make no difference to their forcasting model. As others have said......dribble lip service

MisterCorn said:

MC

Exactly.

Once upon a time: they launched a car, if you wanted one you ordered it, they built it, you got it. Now we have a situation where people in country A can just buy one from a dealer but people in country B cannot because they have "allocated" a number of cars to country B that they know to be inadequate to meet the demand. Every car comes off of the same line and is built to order : there is no reason whatsoever that they cannot simply do first come, first served globally on these cars to the maximum production capacity of the hardest to source component. If they did that then the profiteering would die pretty much straight away.

But they don't do it, nor ever I feel will they. :nooo:

Disco said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Exactly.

Once upon a time: they launched a car, if you wanted one you ordered it, they built it, you got it. Now we have a situation where people in country A can just buy one from a dealer but people in country B cannot because they have "allocated" a number of cars to country B that they know to be inadequate to meet the demand. Every car comes off of the same line and is built to order : there is no reason whatsoever that they cannot simply do first come, first served globally on these cars to the maximum production capacity of the hardest to source component. If they did that then the profiteering would die pretty much straight away.

But they don't do it, nor ever I feel will they. :nooo:

Demand would reduce if the overs market was controlled. The whole reason it went stoopid in the first place was people lining up to buy "last of the something or other" £10 notes for £7...self fulfilling prophecy. Making some more would fiX it? Maybe...but they made quite a few 991RS and they still get strong money so how many more would it need to be?

Talking to sales exec at OPC Sutton re 991 RS, they took 35 deposits but were allocated just 5, so demand is there, why not production?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back